• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1970s Blank Copper Dollar-size Planchet?

7 posts in this topic

I thought this was interesting, but I am not sure what to make of it. Look at it here and let me know what you think.

As per a previous thread, I expect others to bid... so enjoy! I like good competition!! thumbsup2.gif

Scott hi.gif

blank.jpg

This is off one of the the auctions already held...there it is, in the box and it has a lable TOO!

You need to send the seller an e-mail and ask how it was labeled?

To me, "Blank, slug" would be more apropo than planchet.

I'd like to know where in the 2007 Redbook it says that copper blanks that are slightly larger than Ike dollars are "Rare & Uncommon" (If somethings is actually truly Rare, isn't by definition uncommon?)

I'd like to know where in the 2007 Redbook it says that copper blanks that are slightly larger than Ike dollars are "Rare & Uncommon" (If somethings is actually truly Rare, isn't by definition uncommon?)

If you think about it, something could be considered rare if 5,000,000 were melted or destroyed. On the other hand, something could be considered uncommon because only one error occurred for every 5,000,000 produced.

Chris