• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you get the same bang for your buck when you list on eBay on weeknights?

13 posts in this topic

I've been wondering about this for a while. Seems to me like more people are on during the weekend, so you'd make more money (potentially) by listing your items so they end on a weekend evening. Am I right?

Michael, have you noticed how quiet it gets here on the weekends? It may be because a lot of people go to coin shows in their immediate area. Maybe the same thing happens on eBay.

Chris

I know I like to gaze ebay on the weekend nights. I know that an auction will probably do better if it ends around noon or before 7:00 pm. I think later most people settle in for a movie or go out on the town. Too early in the morning I don't think is very good either. People like to have that last opportunity to bid after they wake up if it's an AM ending auction. confused-smiley-013.gif

Weekend are a slower period for us. We mainly sell musical gear and thus slower on the weekend. Few reasons why....

1.) Yes some people STILL do not own a home computer and only use one at work.

2. People get out on the weekends and forget to bid.

3. Sunday is for Church for alot of people.

4. Weekends are a time to spend with the family and kids etc.

5. Weekend nights people like to party. Enough said. lol

Just some thoughts.

My wife is a collector of other sorts and of course I collect coins and we spend alot of time surfing ebay. We don't party much and there's hardly ever anything on Tv anymore. Weeknights we spend family time like dinner and then some TV sitcoms. Our weekends are for surfing! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hi, Michael

Over the years I have found out that Saturday, for coins and other collectibles, has been the best day for me to list my auctions on eBay. Then Monday, Sunday, Tuesday and Friday in that order. I generally do not list items on Wednesday or Thursday because they are slower for me unless 20 Cent Listing Day occurs on either one of those days.

Also I have found out that listing on eBay between 5:00 PM to 7:00PM my time, PT works the best for the items in my inventory.

This way everyone across the USA can participate in my auctions.

AAJ

I'll let you in on a little secret that I've discovered: the best time for auction listings to end is around lunchtime PST on weekdays. There are A LOT of folks at their desk munching Big Macs on their lunch hour while they surf the 'net.

Hi, Michael

Also I have found out that listing on eBay between 5:00 PM to 7:00PM my time, PT works the best for the items in my inventory.

AAJ

I live on the East coast and try to end my Auctions around the same time frame, 8:00 - 9:00 P.M. Eastern time. I do this for the same reason