• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Britannias! 1999 PCGS MS-66 -- 2001 MS-67 -- 2005 in Mint Packaging

8 posts in this topic

1999 £2 Silver Britannia - PCGS MS-66

Uncirculated in PCGS Graded Holder

Buy it Now on eBay for $38.9 or Make an Offer!

1999-ms66-comp.jpg

The coin in the photo above is the exact coin the winner will receive.

No stock photos used here!

Auction Information
You are bidding on one 1999 £2 silver Britannia coin in uncirculated condition as issued by the Royal Mint. The coin has been graded MS-66 by PCGS. This coin has some champagne-colored toning starting on the reverse. Each of the lovely silver Britannias is struck in britannia silver and contains one ounce of fine silver per coin.

Third-Party Graded uncirculated silver Britannias are few and far between! I constantly search for MS-69 graded examples for my own collection and I am rarely able to find PCGS or NGC graded coins. This series is currently running under the radar and not very many collectors or dealers are submitting them for grading at this time.

The 1999 design was the first year that a 'one-off' design appeared on the silver Britannia coins during. After 1999, a new and original reverse was designed for the series during odd-numbered years. The one-off reverses are alternated with the traditional Standing Britannia during even years. This year's design is a dynamic view of Britannia charging forward into battle atop a war chariot pulled by two surging horses. Her robes are flying in the wind as she grips the reins in one hand and her battle trident in the other. Beneath her, the ocean's waves churn under her chariot's wheels. The design is aggressive and magnificient at the same time.

Silver Britannias are some gorgeous coins and are one of my personal collecting favorites and I maintain a set of my own. They tend to have a proof-like finish in the mint state coins. The Royal Mint likes to shake things up a bit, with some years receiving a brilliant proof-like finish (brilliant fields and devices) and others being what I'd call a reverse-proof-like finish (frosted fields with brilliant devices). The 1999 uncirculated coins recieved a lovely reverse-proof-like finish.

I'm always happy to answer any questions you might have - please feel free to contact me at any time!

Below are scans (front and back) of the slabbed co you will receive.

Please note: Scans do not represent the coins as well as the photos above.

1999-ms66-slab.jpg

2001 £2 Silver Britannia - PCGS MS-67

Uncirculated in PCGS Graded Holder

Buy it Now on eBay for $38.99

2001-ms67-comp.jpg

Auction Information
You are bidding on one 2001 £2 silver Britannia coin in uncirculated condition as issued by the Royal Mint. The coin has been graded MS-67 by PCGS. Each of the lovely silver Britannias is struck in britannia silver and contains one ounce of fine silver per coin.

Third-Party Graded uncirculated silver Britannias are few and far between! I constantly search for MS-69 graded examples for my own collection and I am rarely able to find PCGS or NGC graded coins. This series is currently running under the radar and not very many collectors or dealers are submitting them for grading at this time.

The 2001 design is one of the 'one-off' designs which appear on the coins during odd-numbered years and only appear on one year's coin. They are alternated with the traditional Standing Britannia during even years. This year's design depicts Britannia standing firm against the enemies of Britain, with her Union Jack shield raised sturdily and her trident at the ready. At her right side is the Lion of Britain, menacing Britannia's enemies.

Silver Britannias are some gorgeous coins and are one of my personal collecting favorites and I maintain a set of my own. They tend to have a proof-like finish in the mint state coins. The Royal Mint likes to shake things up a bit, with some years receiving a brilliant proof-like finish (brilliant fields and devices) and others being what I'd call a reverse-proof-like finish (frosted fields with brilliant devices). The 2001 uncirculated coins recieved a lovely brilliant proof-like finish.

I'm always happy to answer any questions you might have - please feel free to contact me at any time!

Below are scans (front and back) of the slabbed co you will receive.

Please note: Scans do not represent the coins as well as the photos above.

2001-ms67-slab.jpg

2005 £2 Silver Britannia

Uncirculated in Original Mint-Issued Card-Capsule

Buy it Now on eBay for $29.99

2005-card2.jpg

Auction Information
You are bidding on one 2005 £2 silver Britannia coin in uncirculated condition as issued by the Royal Mint. The coin was placed by the mint into a special plastic capsule set in the middle of a collectable information card. Most other Britannias on eBay don't include the mint-issued card, since they come from bulk sheets of coins. This coin has never been touched by human hands since leaving the Royal Mint. Each of the lovely silver Britannias is struck in britannia silver and contains one ounce of fine silver per coin.

The 2005 design is one of the 'one-off' designs which appear on the coins during odd-numbered years and only appear on one year's coin. They are alternated with the traditional Standing Britannia during even years. This year's design depicts Britannia reclining, holding her trident and keeping her shield safely by her side as she sits and watches the sea.

Silver Britannias are some gorgeous coins and are one of my personal collecting favorites and I maintain a set of my own. They tend to have a proof-like finish in the mint state coins. The Royal Mint likes to shake things up a bit, with some years receiving a brilliant proof-like finish (brilliant fields and devices) and others being what I'd call a reverse-proof-like finish (frosted fields with brilliant devices). The 2005 uncirculated coins recieved a lovely brilliant proof-like finish. I can see the reflection of my eye from over a foot away in the field of these coins!

Below are front (top photo) and back (bottom photo) scans of the exact coin and card set you will receive.

Note: Scans do not represent the coins as well as the photos above.

2005-card-f2.jpg

2005-card-b2.jpg

Terms of Sale

Please Read Before Bidding!

I ship only to the US, Canada, and the UK.

If your mailing address is not in one of those countries, please do not bid.

(All prices below are in US dollars.)

UNITED STATES BIDDERS:

PAYMENT:

For all parties' protection, I only accept PayPal payments. Payment must be received within five (5) business days of auction end date.

SHIPPING:

USPS First-class shipping and handling charge is $4.00. Delivery confirmation is included.

If you win additional auctions from me closing within 48 hours of the first one, you may combine shipping.

Combined shipping costs $4.00 + $1.00 per additional item. If combining wins, please await my invoice before you pay!

INSURANCE:

Insurance is optional on items closing below $50.00 and required on items closing above $50.00. Insurance costs a flat $1.35.

NO-QUESTIONS-ASKED RETURN POLICY:

Buyer may return item(s) if still in their original holder and condition up to fourteen (14) calendar days from payment date. If auction contained multiple items, buyer must return all items. Please contact me to let me know of your intent to return the items, and ship them within three (3) business days of my reply. In the case of a return, I will refund to the buyer the full amount of their bid. For our mutual protection, you must purchase delivery confirmation on returned items; buyer is responsible for safe arrival of all returns.

CANADA BIDDERS:

SHIPPING & INSURANCE:

USPS Global Airmail Letter Post S&H charge is $5.00.

Sorry, USPS does not offer insurance on Airmail Letter Post.

Combined shipping allowed per terms above;

Combined shipping costs $5.00 + $1.00 per additional item.

Payment and Returns - policy as listed above.

Buyer is responsible for all taxes and tarifs.

UK BIDDERS:

SHIPPING & INSURANCE:

USPS Global Airmail Letter Post S&H charge is $5.00.

Sorry, USPS does not offer insurance on Airmail Letter Post.

Combined shipping allowed per terms above;

Combined shipping costs $5.00 + $1.00 per additional item.

Payment and Returns - policy as listed above.

Buyer is responsible for all taxes and tarifs.

Sorry Zach,

I added two coins to that on two occasions, but the forum wouldn't let me edit in html format, so I had to delete the post and repost. I figured since I was the top thread in the forum, I wouldn't be displacing anyone. hi.gif

BTW: That first price should read: $38.99

Here's a new listing - I'm going to go $0.99 starting bid and no reserve on this baby. Someone's going to get a nice coin!

2002 Uncirculated Silver Britannia - PCGS MS-67:

on eBay: $0.99 (Starting Bid) - Check out eBay listing for more details and photos

ENDS: Monday 1/29

2002-ms67-comp.jpg

2002-ms67-slab.jpg