• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raw 12-S. How would the forum grade?

7 posts in this topic

Although LIBERTY is quite clear I think it lacks hair detail for the VF grade. Without seeing the reverse I'd call it F15.

BC

You guys are rough!! VF20, no doubt. Maybe even VF25. I've seen FN15's with half the detail as this.

Then again, I've been accused of grading too liberally so obviously, don't take my word for it.

(The one I own is a FA02)

You guys are rough!! VF20, no doubt. Maybe even VF25. I've seen FN15's with half the detail as this.

Then again, I've been accused of grading too liberally so obviously, don't take my word for it.

I've seen coins graded VF20 with less detail as well, but I still don't see "over half of details in hair and curls" (ANA Standards) even ignoring the commonly weak area above the forehead.

Then again, I've been accused of grading too harshly so obviously, don't take my word for it. wink.gif

BC