• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forgery information

8 posts in this topic

Who could give me some information in regards to forgeries? I have had for 20 years or longer a nova constellatio pattern forgery which I never gave much thought until recently when I have been offered substantial money for from two different sources. Has their become a market for known forgeries? They said it was because it was such a good replica. I've attached a photo if anyone should be interested. I couldn't believe that anyone would pay that much for it.

Thanks, Jes.

1591194-NovaConstellatio.jpg.8f184926eed9f73038ce0d00d4837191.jpg

That's not a very good copy, so I don't know why someone would offer you a premium for it.

I agree, but it does look to be older. I have a Mass Cent that is a good copy. I once sold it as real, but the buyer returned it. I was happy to take it back. I did not know it was a copy until then. I got it fairly cheap so I was ok with it.