• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bidding against forum members

38 posts in this topic

This is a really good point that Dcoin brought up and that bsshog40 elaborates. I had thought of this earlier, but did not want to add it to my posts because I thought it might muddy the topic for some folks. Specifically, someone posting on these boards is asking for financial information, guidance or advice. In many or most other venues, one who asks for this type of advice will have to pay for that advice. However, many of us on the coin boards will give away valuable information to any who ask. The recipient of that valuable information has received an important service for free, but has also exposed an interest that may potentially cost him/her money.

best answer i have heard so far bar none 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

I see a number of anonymous auctions and I believe it's instituted when bidding goes over a certain price. That being said, the 2nd Chance scammers have found a way around it already. For contacting a bidder to work for these auctions now, you probably need to be somewhat familiar with what the bidder likes to bid on and their feedback stats to make a reasonable guess on who a bidder is.