• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did anyone bid live/mail/net on today's Stacks/ANR auction?

6 posts in this topic

I love watching these things 'live' but found out long ago that by the time I was ready to press a button, the auction was several lots ahead.

Today, it seemed really fast, and my computer was registering every other lot.

There were three colonials I was interested in that I kind of lowballed, and, as is often the case, I'd start to wish I had bid higher, so I figured, this time, I might bid 'live'.

So I rebooted my computer, disabled my firewall (which I figured just slowed things down) and kept only one window open. My computer did seem to be registering these lots on-time, or at least I thought so.

There was one CT copper I won from a bid I had placed before the auction went live.

Then, there was this NJ copper I wanted, and I noticed I had been outbid before it became live so I was determined to watch it. It finally came up and I decided to hit the button and my bid actually went through (I think it was 550.00). Well would you know it? The next bid I saw online was for 551.00 by a mail bidder, and the lot closed at 550 (but not my 550). By the time I could hit that button again, they already advanced to the next lot! Darn!

I guess the mail bid supercedes anything via the internet.

Did anyone get anything exciting? Today or yesterday?

I bid in their sale a couple days ago. The lots have closed. My high bid was higher than the closing price. I am not showing as the winner or even as a bidder. I'm liking Stacks less and less every day. I'll focus my money elsewhere from now on.

Anyone wonder why Heritage is a monster? Take a look at their competition.

A number of people on the PCGS boards are reporting the same problems. I had only bid on one lot via internet recently and was fortunate that the bid was recorded and I won the coin.