• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The most efficient(space wise) way to store slabs?

8 posts in this topic

I keep my slabbed coins in a bank vault, but the space is very limited.

I know PCGS plastic box take less space than NGC box, but it doesn't hold NGC slabs.

Do you know of a slab box whitch is smaller than NGC box and yet hold NGC slabs?

I don't want to keep those slabs raw instead of putting in box in order to prevent scratches, but do you know the most efficient(space wise) way to store slabs?

put 6 slabs in zip loc brand airtight bags and then put them in the box

make sure you put full red copper cents pre 1982 lincoln cents in the box and inside the bags to catch any substances gases that will get into the box and react first with these copper cents and then the gases are neutralized and the zip loc bags are air tight and this will also help lots too

leave any slabs with a market value of a few hundred dollars $300 or less at home

leave any slabs with a market value of a few hundred dollars $300 or less at home

So true, but the problem is I have many slabs in that price range.

I currently own 200+ slabs and I think 150 of them are worth $300 or less.

What if I bring them all back home and lose all( theft, fire)

$300 X 150 = $45,000 loss will hurt me.

The website you linked sure have some interesting stuff.

I'm particularly interested in ther "certified coin alubum"

Too bad their picture is too small, but I'll ask them if that's the one I'm looking for.

Thank you very much for the link.

Yes, I've thought about multi coin holders would save the space a lot.

But, I don't do year set so it will be troublesome when it comes to sell coins individually.

Good advice, though. Thanks.

I use the Intercept Shield box system where each slab is put within its own Intercept Shield and then ten slabs fit within one box. I then wrap each box tightly inside a Zip-Loc bag and store them in my safe deposit box. The 5-inch high by 10-inch wide safe deposit box that I have at my bank accomodates three boxes across and three rows deep, which allows me to store 90 slabs in this manner in a single safe deposit box. This is 98% of the value of my collection and the other 2% is kept in smaller safe deposit boxes. Except for a few random low dollar pieces, I do not keep any coins at home.