• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Business card idea

7 posts in this topic

Today I received a package with some stuff I ordered on the bay. When I opened it I found an elongated penny and my first thought was "did I order one of these?" It turned out to be the seller's business card with his name, eBay seller status, eBay seller ID and mailing address. It's the first one I've run across and thought it was a neat idea.

donv2.jpg

It would be even better if there was a logo or design but that might take up too much space.

It might also be cool to have tokens where you can print on both sides like a Hard Times token or something.

May be a good promo for any biz not just a coin shop... like a token economy for your storefront.... instead of selling giftcards and such could use nice custom proof coins... might just work

Have many companies used proof coins in place of gift cards? It could also be a way for a company to make money too since many of the coins wouldn't be redeemed if they were artistic enough. Imagine if Tiffany & Co. made one? Those would be sure to be turned into jewelry - just put a nice big T&Co. logo on it smile.gif Tiffany actually has some old school tokens but I think they'd need to change the design in order for it to be more jewelry friendly:

edeb_1.JPGeca3_1.JPG

I have a 1994 T. Eaton & Co. CDN $50 gift token that is 1 oz of .9999 silver. The token also commemorated their 125th Anniversary so it could be a Canadian SC$. Of course, they've since gone out of business. Like many old school retailers, they found it hard to compete with Walmart and other super stores.

I was curious... here are some places I found that will do custom elongated cents:

Smashing Pennies

PennyCollector.com

Comprehensive commercial links page from Exonumia.com

The last one has promise!!

Scott hi.gif

Thanks for the info, Scott! I've been looking for some resource material for my medals. thumbsup2.gif

Chris