• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2006W Eagles question

2 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a 2006W $25 Gold Eagle, NGC MS69. I also purchased a 2006W Silver Eagle, NGC MS70. The silver eagle is in a brown labeled holder with the "Early Releases" designation.

The gold eagle is in a brown holder, with no other designation.

I understand these are the newly released, low mintage, uncirculated burnished die coins because of the "W" mintmark on 2006 coins, not part of the 20th Anniversary sets. On your census page, the 2006W silver eagles are shown with the "Early Releases" designation, so this must be the coin that I have.

However, The 2006W gold eagles are also shown only with the "Early Releases" designation. My coin says "2006W Eagle G$25" and it has the "W" mintmark, but no "Early Releases" designation. Why are there no 2006W Gold Eagles shown with no designation? This is the new burnished die coin isn't it?

Thanks.

• Administrator

Welcome the the NGC Boards!

The Early Releases designation is not automatically applied to each coin, and must be requested by the submitter. For that reason the 2006-W coins are available in the marketplace with and without designation.

Your 2006-W Early Releases designated coin in the brown label is eligible for reholder with the Early Releases label.