• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does NGC now Grade/Holder Chopped Trades?

6 posts in this topic

I couldn't find the answer digging through some older threads. .. Does NGC grade Chop Marked Trade dollars now?

I had sent one into PCGS- an ANACS "AU50 details/Net XF". It was a clean looking coin, light gray, hard surfaces with one single Chop on the obverse.

PCGS graded it VF30 (whatever. . .) and it made me wonder if NGC also does these dollars (yet)?

I like the NGC holder on these larger coins and if they do would rather use them for a couple of other chopped Trades.

Thanks for the fast reply, but in all honesty- why would anyone go for a 'details only' type problem holder when PCGS recognizes this without the issue of the Chop.

I say this with tons of love in the room, is it possible NGC might, down the road, change their minds?

"Thanks for the fast reply, but in all honesty- why would anyone go for a 'details only' type problem holder when PCGS recognizes this without the issue of the Chop."

Well, it sounded to me like the coin was described as AU, you may have settled for XF from PCGS, but go it back VF............. Am I correct?

If that is the case, then if it really is AU detail perhaps NCS would call it AU details. Wouldn't that be better? As for the problem holder I imagine it would say chop marked and if it had no other problems, anyone would know that was the only reason it was in the NCS holder.....also, if it had other problems I think NCS would list them up to the space available on the insert. You might want to call Brian Silliman and see what the policy is there at NCS as I am not certain.

NGC has no plans at this time to holder chopmarked Trade Dollars. Anything reasonable is possible though I tend to think it won't happen. frown.gif

Alright. Being a simple Collector though I just think the coins would look better wrapped in your plastic vs theirs.

(And, I can hold out hope because the same type of question regarding flipping coins in your holder provided the same type of answer, but with positive results soon afterward!)

Alright. Being a simple Collector though I just think the coins would look better wrapped in your plastic vs theirs.

(And, I can hold out hope because the same type of question regarding flipping coins in your holder provided the same type of answer, but with positive results soon afterward!)

I'd slab it for ya but you might not like the color of concrete I'd use. 27_laughing.gif

Leo