• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1977 Haiti World Cup Gold Commemorative NGC-PF69UCAM

3 posts in this topic

This is a quarter ounce gold coin, Proof mintage was a mere 200 coins. From experts I have talked to there is a general belief that less than 50 exist today.

I also understand that my coin has the highest grade ever given to a Haiti coin of any kind.

I'd like to determine the value of this coin...people have told me everything from $100 to $10,000. Any expert can give me some guidance here?

I have the coin listed on ebay, ebay user id "asnopek", item description "Rarest Coin on Ebay" if you want to see the coin.

Any help with respect to value evaluation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

- Alex

If you want to know the real value you should start it out at $1 and put a reserve on it if you want a certain amount out of it. I would bid if it was cheaper.

My SWAG would be $100 to $200 at the most. There are some South American gold coins with mintage of less than 5 but not much demand to drive the price up. I would say the same for this one. cool.gif Slabs don't mean much for world coins (at least not yet). cool.gif