• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCAM alert !! eBay - fabular3029 High dollar coins scam

8 posts in this topic

This person just put several high dollar coins up on eBay with low Buy It Now prices.

His pictures are of other coins for sale legitimately by OTHER SELLERS.

I unfortunately BIT on one. I hoped to put a SCAM alert in as his first FEEDBACK, but

unfortunately I have to pay before I can leave feedback. In this case, a PR45 Gobrecht

Dollar - the real one is still active - item 200065481869

The one I "bought" is item 260075911056

I sent eBay an email - but who knows how long it will take to get him shut down.

makepoint.gif

Can't you just mark the listing as "Payment Sent" and then leave feedback? I haven't been in this situation, but it's worth a try (if you already haven't).

Beijim

Can't you just mark the listing as "Payment Sent" and then leave feedback? I haven't been in this situation, but it's worth a try (if you already haven't).

Beijim

The "winning" bidder (with whom I have been in contact through Eay, whether he knows me or not) can leave feedback as soon as the listing is ended (by BIN or other means). He need not send payment or even indicate that he has done so in order to leave feedback.

I have left immediate negative feedback for obvious scammers in order to warn others. I have also been reprimanded/warned by Ebay for doing so.

I have left immediate negative feedback for obvious scammers in order to warn others. I have also been reprimanded/warned by Ebay for doing so.

1. Bravo.

2. Always good to reaffirm where eBay's allegiances actually lie.

Beijim