• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

**SECRET** Under Rated Morgan - HARD TO FIND ANYWHERE

6 posts in this topic

A couple years ago I started hoarding a Morgan Dollar that I felt was extremely Under valued and REALLY HARD to find in GEM Grade.Currently There are NO GEM graded Morgan of this year and Mint Mark on EBay /DL / Heritage and what is So unbelievable is its actually A Philly Mint Coin with a Production number that is not OUTRAGEOUS for a Morgan... I currently Hold 2 - PCGS and 2 - NGC in MS65 - PLus a hand picked ROLL of this year where I cherry picked MS64's out of existing holders and broke them out to make a roll ... its a beauty.

Any Guesses ???? Production number Less Proofs is 2,822,000 and in two years I have seen the Coin double in price ... The only thing I see out there is RAW coins or 4th World slabs ... its been like this for a while ... was there melting of this year ... was the strike inherently not good so GEM grades are not out there ... I still dont understand the whole scenario but has existed for a couple years ...

confused-smiley-013.gif

1582584-Morgan.jpg

1582584-Morgan.jpg.1f802e9208002232b58f3cdf93f6f451.jpg

Good point and I agree. I happened across this one at a local dealers shop over the weekend, a cherrypicked VAM 8 - doubled stars. It probably grades 63, 64 on a very good day - but not gem. I will send it in for attribution tomorrow via early bird service with a small grouping of Morgans.

1897vam8blowpo8.jpg

1897vam8frro9.jpg

1897vam8rrhn0.jpg

Good point and I agree. I happened across this one at a local dealers shop over the weekend, a cherrypicked VAM 8 - doubled stars. It probably grades 63, 64 on a very good day - but not gem. I will send it in for attribution tomorrow via early bird service with a small grouping of Morgans.

1897vam8blowpo8.jpg

1897vam8frro9.jpg

1897vam8rrhn0.jpg

Mike, I'm assuming that you are referring to a submission for grading by NGC. If it isn't a "Top 100" or "Hot 50", they won't attribute it.

Chris

Mike, I'm assuming that you are referring to a submission for grading by NGC. If it isn't a "Top 100" or "Hot 50", they won't attribute it.

Chris

NGC yes. I did find the VAM 8 in the Hot 50 list, so off it went. But thanks for the heads up, I guess it pays to look at the Coins We Grade info published by NGC.

Mike