• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I remember a few years ago, Heritage auctions sent out letters

3 posts in this topic

The letters were asking collectors to sell their coins or put them up for sale thru the auction house. I got these letters repeatedly.

Yet, when I finally decided to put some coins up for auction, I had to haggle about the fees.

That aside, I stepped away from collecting for a couple of years, and now that I'm back, it seemed that good material was hard to find, and dealers were having a difficult time finding good coins to sell. Also, I didn't get any letters from Heritage or other auction firms, in the manner that I did a couple of years ago.

Any thoughts on this?

Not only do I get letters from Heritage, I get emails and phone calls. Probably 20 a year. They are extremely aggressive.

I also get letters and emails from other auction houses.

You may have been out of coins long enough that the letters stopped because they thought you had sold and were no longer interested?