• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1881-S NGC MS66* Toned Morgan... the best of FUN Newps... I Stole It!

6 posts in this topic

If I do say so myself (and I do), I really stole this coin laugh.gif As an added bragging/rubbing it in bonus, when I told KryptoniteComics what I paid, he was floored having just walked by the coin and assuming it would be too much since it was surrounded by white coins, and often dealers overprice toned stuff when they don't sell much of it. Moral of the story... if you're not sure, always ask!

I'm disappointed with the photos, and when I next have my camera out, she'll be reshot. I just couldn't wait until then to share laugh.gif

ngc1968054-001-obv-sm.jpg

ngc1968054-001-obv1-sm.jpg

ngc1968054-001-rev-sm.jpg

I like the toning, but it seems like alot of chatter on the cheek and around the eye and in the fields for a 66.

May just be the photo though.

JJ

It's a combination of some very light abrasions and the change in the color of the toning there. It's not a monster 66, but I don't think the grade's wrong.