• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Biting the Bullet - (9) ICG Crossovers going to NGC - Gold

10 posts in this topic

1 USA 1986 W $5 MS Statue Of Liberty

1 USA 1987 W $5 MS Constitution

1 USA 1988 W $5 MS Olympic

1 USA 1989 W $5 MS Congress

1 USA 1991 W $5 MS Mt Rushmore

1 USA 1992 W $5 MS Columbus

1 USA 1996 W $5 MS Flag

1 USA 1996 W $5 MS Cauldron

These are all graded MS70's - I am allowing a One Point drop as I bought these around 4 years ago and they have appreciated enough where the drop in grade will be absorbed by the appreciation and be in a better holder.

Opinions ...

a Pic

1574167-gold.jpg

1574167-gold.jpg.e35c47874f05d0265591f87a40dde624.jpg

Is the price per grade differential for these pretty negligible between NGC and ATS?

I assume the difference isn't very big for something like the MS LOC b/c the prices I've seen for ATS graded pieces in all grades have been high. But I haven't compared NGC vs. ATS for the MS LOC or modern gold.

Crack Em ....If not you need to make sure you emphasize to Cross at any Grade....

They won't crack them unless you do......Truthfully I would crack them myself..

Nahh not a fiscally sound Idea ... I am giving them a One point leeway to cross OR they stay in the 70's holders for resale on Ebay OR they stay in the ICG's and keep em.

We will see what happens..

I would not spend my money crossing modern stuff - If they are graded ICG 70 whats the problem? ICG is one of the 4 major grading services. The CDN does not specify a premium for 70's anyhow and rightly so as this is how they come from the mint.

I price the coin, not the holder its in. I offer walkup to my table at shows CDN Bid for 70's, 95% of CDN Bid for others on mods.

The CDN does not specify a premium for 70's anyhow and rightly so as this is how they come from the mint.

I price the coin, not the holder its in. I offer walkup to my table at shows CDN Bid for 70's, 95% of CDN Bid for others on mods.

So you offer Bid for coins graded 70 and 95% of Bid for those graded other than 70?

CDN Bid is for standard commems in mint packaging and you're using it to price graded ones. You're a prince among men!

I take it you sell 70s at Ask. I'm a buyer. Please let me know which ones you have available. I'll take all the PCGS ones you have. I'll likely take all the NGC ones you have. No ANACS or ICG as I want to leave some for your other customers.

Hey Greg - I don't sell at ask - thats dealer to dealer wholesale. I like to retail my stuff. Furthermore if you had read what I posted the CDN does not post wholesale bids for 70's. Wholesale premiums for these don't exist!

Retail your stuff? I can accept that. I'm not sure what your mark-up is, but for all PCGS 70s, I'll give you 50% over Ask. Clearly you can't be making a higher mark-up than that as more than that would be usury! Do you need my address? Ship away and you can invoice me - I can provide references if you need.

BTW, CDN also doesn't post wholesale bids for MS69 Morgans, so can we assume you'd only offer MS66 Bid since the CDN doesn't list a premium above MS66?

Wholesale premiums for these modern coins don't exist because there is not a network of market makers in the coins. 99% of moderns are a "one-way street". That does not mean the market places no premium on them - even the dealer / wholesale market.