• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any NYINC Auctions Winners Here?

15 posts in this topic

The auctions have started to close. Any winners here?

So far I picked this up from the Heritage auction:

425100002o.jpg

425100002r.jpg

1682-PS, Austria (Salzburg) Taler. Struck to commemorate the 1100th year of the Bishopric. PCGS MS64.

I've owned a few of these over the years, but never in the condition I wanted.

It's got the Eliasberg provenance which is cool. Other people must have thought it was cool also as I had to pay almost double the high estimate. frown.gif

I've got a bunch more high bids just barely hanging on. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

The Waitangi Crowns are interesting. For such a rare coin, they sure are for sale often. There is another one for sale in Stacks (I think) right now.

Here is another coin I won in Heritage:

425015011o.jpg

425015011r.jpg

1709-22 Italy (Venice) Ducato. "lightly toned AU, essentially a mint state coin with typically softly struck center details. Very scarce grade for this issue."

It sold stupid cheap and for a fraction of my max bid.

Don't know anything about the historical background of those coins, but you both sure got cool coins!!

I wanted to pick up one or two Japanese silver yens, but the bids went really high.

I mean REALLY high. sumo.gif

The Waitangi Crowns are interesting. For such a rare coin, they sure are for sale often. There is another one for sale in Stacks (I think) right now.

I actually like the look of the one in the Stacks auction more, so I'll see how bidding goes on it. My wife said I can buy myself something nice since I had a really profitable month in December, but I doubt she means $3,500 worth of "nice". 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I actually like the look of the one in the Stacks auction more, so I'll see how bidding goes on it. My wife said I can buy myself something nice since I had a really profitable month in December, but I doubt she means $3,500 worth of "nice". 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Then it's her fault for not specifying what "nice" means. tongue.gif

The Stack's coin looks very nice. Very nice strike and I can't see any big hits. It's got a couple of distracting dark spots on the reverse, but you can't be too picky about these coins unless you've got a ton of cash to spend. Go for it. She doesn't need to know what the coin cost. thumbsup2.gif

I wanted to pick up one or two Japanese silver yens, but the bids went really high.

I mean REALLY high. sumo.gif

Those Yens sure looked nice. I watched them close and still cannot believe how high they went. High grade Japan seems to have really taken off recently. Even the raw lots of gem minors sold for REALLY STRONG money!

Gem Japanese silver yens are getting very hot in Japan while low MS or below stays the same.

The auction results of Ginza coin auction last year in Tokyo for GEM yens were amazing.

Those who won Heritage lots might be Japanese.....

The mintage on the 1935 New Zeland proofs is low at 364 but despite that mintage, the coins are easy to find, especially the crown. Try finding the other George V New Zealnd proof issues. I have seen one 1933 set last year which went for about $17500 and none of the others. The mntage for these sets is 20.

There several Russian proofs in the stacks sale, some of which are NGC PR-67. Those coins are incredible.

I think I won this coin out of the CNG auction. It closed at my max bid, so unless they have one of those *spoon* rules where tie goes to floor bidder, I own this.

74000525.jpg

64 BC AR Denarius. Rome mint. Geta.

Obv: diademed and draped bust of Diana right, wearing cruciform earring and necklace of long pendants; bow and quiver over shoulder.

Rev: Calydonian Boar standing right, pierced by spear and harried by hound below.

Superb EF, gray and iridescent blue toning.

Fabulous coins Greg! I especially like the Diana piece. Coins with mythological figures are my favorites among the ancients, and those of the non-Zeus types are the best of the best! Hope you won the piece, Greg.

Mark.

Well, I thought I had been blanked, but just got the invoice for my one (out of five) win, a fairly nice shallow scale Meiji 3 (1870) 10 sen from Japan's first year of milled coinage:425072010o.jpg425072010r.jpg

Y#2, 2.5g of .800 silver, ~17mm. Despite appearances, it is fully struck in low relief.

I think I won this coin out of the CNG auction. It closed at my max bid, so unless they have one of those *spoon* rules where tie goes to floor bidder, I own this.

74000525.jpg

64 BC AR Denarius. Rome mint. Geta.

Obv: diademed and draped bust of Diana right, wearing cruciform earring and necklace of long pendants; bow and quiver over shoulder.

Rev: Calydonian Boar standing right, pierced by spear and harried by hound below.

Superb EF, gray and iridescent blue toning.

Dang! I don't collect ancients that aren't covered in centuries of grime, but that's one nice denarius! takeit.gif