• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC translucent ring holder

2 posts in this topic

I've seen some NGC holders use a translucent ring around the coin including fractional gold and the Canadian half penny shown below. Does NGC still offer this holder and, if so, how can this be requested? Can this be done using the reholder service?

Canadiantoken-1.jpg

• Administrator

This holder is not available upon request at this time. It is used for all California Fractional Gold. It is also used for certain foreign issues that are either intermediate-sized (between two standard NGC holder sizes) or for some other reason require special handling. This latter category includes, for example, thin or fragile hammered coinage.

I gather from your inquiry that you like this holder. We always welcome specific and constructive feedback on the design of our holder. Anyone with suggestions or comments is welcome to PM or email me directly. Thanks.