• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2006 W Uncirculated Silver American Eagles

2 posts in this topic

Hello-

I submitted 3 2006-W uncirculated silver american eagles from the 3 coin 20th anniversary sets. I did not send them in the sealed box. I am wondering why if the mint did not start shipping out the W mint mark uncirculated silver eagles until Dec 7, why wouldn't the w mint mark silver eagles be labeled with the special black 20th anniversary label submitted prior to the date. NGC knows that any w mint marked uncirculated silver eagles submitted prior to Dec 7 (since the mint didn't start shipping those coins out as a single option until that date) had to come from the 20th anniversary sets. Is NGC considering letting those coins be resubmitted to get the 20th anniversary label and if not, why not? Thanks and have a good weekend.

• Administrator

Hi Craig.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Regrettably, in this instance, timing is not relevant. NGC differentiates whether a 20th Anniversary Silver Eagle came from a Gold and Silver Set (with the blue label) or from a Three Piece Silver Set (with the black label). Unfortunately, if a coin is without its original packaging we are not able to determine conclusively from which set it came. As a default, we holder it undesignated with a regular NGC label.