• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1909 s vdb hmmm? bad pics??

11 posts in this topic

Pass... Here is my opinion on this issue. I would not want to own an MS anything for a 1909 S VDB. Why you ask? First off they are fairly common as far as key dates go. 2nd they usally cost a good chunk of change. If I was you I would go for a nice mid range cent that is a better value if you ask me. I own one in VF-35 and I would not want to replace it. I would rather buy more coins that would help my set along, even though it is complete I can always upgrade it. Now if you must have an MS piece. MS 64 is a good grade to go after. The keys for my set are..

09 S VDB - VF 35

09 S - VF 25

14 D - EF 45

31 S - AU 50

I have not gotten the 22 Plain. I am not sure if I am going to add that too my set but I may. I loved putting together my set and saved a good bit of money doing so. The set matches fairly well as far as the keys go, now I just need to fill in around the keys to match them better.

You need to step back and take a look at the whole picture here, not just the red coin in the picture that happens to have the right date and mint mark you need.

Looking at a major purchase as such...do your research before even contemplating bidding.

Look at the seller...

Look at the feed back...

Look at the company who graded the coin...

Look at trends in the price range you think the coin would fall in...

(deep down, you have to ask yourself...how come this high profile 1909-S VBD is not holdered in a top tier grading company? Would they have given it a lesser point grade for a lesser published value...is there something that would have been disclosed that another third world country grading service does not or will not denote for the customers benefit)

I assume that since you are looking at this particular coin you have purchased/amassed others and have learned a thing or two about Numismatics. Put those lessons to work for you...it's fine to ask for advice and perhaps opinions, but yours is the final say in these matters. We all want to see people make good rational decisions about purchasing rarities...best of luck on these decisions.

how about this one 27_laughing.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220064060653&fromMakeTrack=true

I am just looking atm not really in the market yet have new addition to family due in March so not good idea to go buy big coins.. thanks for all the comments guys. Have a great new year! thumbsup2.gif

I've had a couple of NNC holders in the past and you can count on the coin being at least 2 points lower. And that is if it is problem free. My 2 cents. smile.gif