• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I can not believe What I am selling on Ebay -

12 posts in this topic

Would you believe people are actually BUYING the old Envelopes and Boxes from the Proof sets I am getting certified and encapsulated. smile.gif

Another mans trash is ......

Original packaging and history are more important to some than others. Empty 20th Anniversary AGE boxes were selling for over $100 I believe.

Everything being equal, I prefer to have original Mint packaging as well, even if the coins themselves are slabbed.

Just for interests sake, how much are these collectors paying you for the privilege of carting off your "trash"? I personally CANNOT BELIEVE anyone would buy the stuff, but CONGRATULATIONS if you can make some money off of it.

Just for interests sake, how much are these collectors paying you for the privilege of carting off your "trash"? I personally CANNOT BELIEVE anyone would buy the stuff, but CONGRATULATIONS if you can make some money off of it.

I have to admit not much but hey who am I to say they cannot buy them smile.gif

I am a little anal when I opened them though

Take a look

1565256-1956_env.jpg

I sliced the sides of the cellophane and slipped the coins out and left the cellophane and seal intact ..

$2.00 plus shipping

In Case you were interested ALL Coins that came out of THIS set were PF67 with the Lincoln being RED - Nicely matched I might add smile.gif

1565256-1956_env.jpg.d9e3a2e710cdaed288e9b868569fdf33.jpg

I have seen alot of this in the past. Especially proof set boxes being sold. I think people do this to give them the opportunity to mix and match sets until they get the quality they want.

It's been a while since I looked (and didn't find any), but I'd pay for original packaging for my 57 mint set. I got it with just coins in the boards in unoriginal envelopes.

If you think about it, for a couple of cents you might be able to get a couple of dollars more in auction.

I know the packaging for the newer proof coins are used to unload some less than perfect coins under the disguise of "Original Mint Packaging"

In the end you gatta take what you can get.

Dcoin

If you think about it, for a couple of cents you might be able to get a couple of dollars more in auction.

It's not that for me, I'd get even more by slabbing the nicely toned ones if I was going to sell. I'd just prefer to have them complete with packaging.

I still need packaging for a 1955 flat pack also. If anyone has it. hi.gif I don't want one of the fresh-off-the-printer-envelope-only ones that I see on ebay.