• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Works to Correct Unhealthy Market Dynamics

9 posts in this topic

That's eBay speak for they're raising their fees yet again.

Insertion fees ($1.00 - $9.99) going up from $.35 to $.40 and Final Value Fees ($25.01 - $1000.00) going up from 3% to 3.25%.

My Prediction: In July they will lower the insertion fee back to $.35 and then raise a dozen other fees.

Well, that is why yours truly, the fabulous 'El Dorro", is no longer selling anything on the infamous 'Flea-Bay". Got sick and tired of getting "nickel and dimed" by that bunch! 893whatthe.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif893censored-thumb.gif

I saw this and was disgusted. The insertion fee doesn't bother me nearly as much as the final value fee, which clearly aims at the vast majority of sales. I guess what's most offensive is the predictable double speak about doing what's best for a vibrant community (or some such horse manure). Spare me the insulting 3rd grade rationalizations and be a man about saying you're raising your prices.

sign-rantpost.gif

Beijim

This is going to stink,a whole bunch of sellers are going to stop selling because of the minimum listening fee of $1. Come on eBay, show a little respect to the folks who start their auctions at a $1 with no reserve! mad.gif

Hi, All

I got email on this change from eBay today, I guess they need mo' money, mo' money! frustrated.gif

AAJ

CNBC runs a special, hosted by David Faber, on eBay occasionally. In it, Meg Whitman says the reason she decided to join eBay was because of their extremely high gross margins at the time and she saw something in them, that as an MBA in the business world, she had not seen elsewhere. Their fees have gone nowhere but up since then.

This is going to stink,a whole bunch of sellers are going to stop selling because of the minimum listening fee of $1. Come on eBay, show a little respect to the folks who start their auctions at a $1 with no reserve! mad.gif

You're right, that isn't fair.

I would write to the CEO, you never can tell...