• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dear Heritage Consigners.

27 posts in this topic

I would like to bid on many of your coins. However, your reserves are too high. If you expect to sell your coins, please lower your reserves to an appropriate level. You still have time and I still have money.

Sincerely,

Truthteller.

Dear ANR bidders,

I bid roughly double bid on two coins and was outbid on both. Please ask your floor bidders to stop stealing my coins. makepoint.gif

Thank you for your consideration. Very truly yours....Mike grin.gif

Dear all auction bidders:

I keep bidding on these coins which I feel are a fair price... that is fair in my mind! 893whatthe.gif Since I am going through the trouble of looking, researching, and bidding, kindly stop bidding higher than me so that I can obtain the coins that I want without having to dip into my mortgage fund. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Thank you.

Scott devil.gif

Dear ANR bidders,

I bid roughly double bid on two coins and was outbid on both. Please ask your floor bidders to stop stealing my coins. makepoint.gif

Thank you for your consideration. Very truly yours....Mike grin.gif

lol893applaud-thumb.gif

I consigned my braided hair half cent set there (registry here shows them) and set reserves that were not only fair but would have me losing money on coins some of while I have held for over a decade. Nice coins don't come cheap and folks don't like to give them up at losses. Bear in mind there is nearly an 18% fee mark-up in an auction. I don't think the reserves are greedy or high at all, just fair.

As for lowering the reserves, I don't think that is possible unless the consignor wants to pay both the buyer and seller fees at this point on a buyback. Buybacks are expensive to consignors and are based on the reserve price. So a higher reserve price, meant to reduce the losses on lower bids, is hardly generically greedy. Try dealing with a 15% hit (20% if paying both fees) on that added to a cost basis once or twice on a coin. I know if mine don't sell, they aren't seeing the light of day for a couple decades.

I am sure there are greedy reserves and some just foolishly high ones. However, a lot are responsibly set at levels where losses would be minimized not profits maximized. If you want a coin badly enough, consider the seller's issues.

Dear Coin Sellers and Auction Consigners:

Please sell me your rare coins at face value.

Thank You

jom

Dear Mr. President:

There are too many states nowadays. Please eliminate six.

P.S. I am not a crackpot.

-Abe Simpson

Dear Mr. President:

There are far too many illegal aliens in this country. Please send all of them home so you can spend the money saved for increased retirement benefits for the elderly who need it, health care for the "legals" who can't afford it and college tuition for kids who can't get sports scholarships. It's obvious that Congress won't participate in Social Security, and they much prefer seeing our money going down the drain for themselves and the "illegals".

Sincerely,

Blue-Collar Worker with four jobs

the colonials seemed to do well, esp. the high grade ones. at least that's how it appeared to me.

Aren't early copper folks crazy spenders anyway? wink.gif

TRUTH

Dear Truth: Heritage generally sets reserves at 60% of historical prices realized. This reserve level is not a high, price threshold IMHO.

Dear Truth: Heritage generally sets reserves at 60% of historical prices realized. This reserve level is not a high, price threshold IMHO.

This may be true for Heritage owned consignments. I personally have submitted coins for auction in the past, and have reserved coins a fair percentage over market prices. The coins I wish to bid on are reserved at double or triple greysheet bid.

TRUTH

Dear Moderators,

Please send cpm9ball some fresh diapers since he is pooping up this thread.

Thank you.

TRUTH

Oh, I get it! You choose to chastise me because you just don't like me. You have given no consideration to the fact that I have raised an issue that is just as lunatic as the others, including yours. I thought we were having fun, here. Perhaps you should have a second user name when you are serious. I think "Cereal" would be appropriate. Do you like Trix? Trix are for kids!

Chris

Dear Moderators,

Thank you.

TRUTH

Oh, I get it! You choose to chastise me because you just don't like me. You have given no consideration to the fact that I have raised an issue that is just as lunatic as the others, including yours. I thought we were having fun, here. Perhaps you should have a second user name when you are serious. I think "Cereal" would be appropriate. Do you like Trix? Trix are for kids!

Chris

I am having fun. grin.gif You are just a weenie. hi.gif

TRUTH

Dear Moderators,

Thank you.

TRUTH

Chris

I am having fun. grin.gif You are just a weenie. hi.gif

TRUTH

Aw, you couldn't tell I was having fun, too, just because I didn't use any emoticons?

Chris

I find that many Heritage coins with the most unrealistically high reserves become "Buy it now" items after the auction, and remain such for a long time. I suspect these are Heritage-owned coins. Does anyone know if there's any thruth to that suspicion?

I find that many Heritage coins with the most unrealistically high reserves become "Buy it now" items after the auction, and remain such for a long time. I suspect these are Heritage-owned coins. Does anyone know if there's any thruth to that suspicion?

From my experience, the "buy it now" feature can be either Heritage owned or consigner owned. It really depends on the contract with the owner of the coin. I have had a few coins not sell in a signature sale, only to sell afterward at the reserve using the "buy it now". Either way, Heritage makes their commission.

TRUTH

As per Truth:

From my experience, the "buy it now" feature can be either Heritage owned or consigner owned. It really depends on the contract with the owner of the coin. I have had a few coins not sell in a signature sale, only to sell afterward at the reserve using the "buy it now". Either way, Heritage makes their commission.

Yeup thumbsup2.gif , I've had two gold coins that did not reach the reserve at auction and sell right after the sale at the set BIN price at Heritage two months ago. I put in writing how I wanted the sale to go and what the BIN price included if any did not sell at auction . Heritage made it real easy ....

893whatthe.gif....Whine warning...... 893whatthe.gif

....but man I SURE hate waiting soooo long to get the check after the sale is over. Christo_pull_hair.gif...hint hint hint Heritage bidders ....how about getting that payment in a little faster so I can get those bids in on the new listings that you aren't gonna put any reserves on 893crossfingers-thumb.gifinsane.gif