• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's start the New Year Peacefully...

33 posts in this topic

Wishing you and yours a Peaceful 2007!!!

Post a Peace dollar if you've got one. Here's mine, an old MS64 rattler.

Peace21_64.jpg

I didn't see one of these... cloud9.gif

1560250-1928-Peace-Dollar.jpg

Yes, I have a complete collection of Peace Dollars! acclaim.gif

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Scott hi.gif

1560250-1928-Peace-Dollar.jpg.d684ef3df8909bb88e00c8823ebd342a.jpg

Larry, that looks like a killer '22. thumbsup2.gif There are some really nice looking dollars in this thread. It's making me want to go out and get some more. laugh.gif

First off, PeaceFan those are some friggin' gorgeous Peace dollars!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I actually think the Peace Dollar design is more attractive than the Morgan dollar design. Anyone else feel that way?

Second, I absolutely prefer the Peace dollar design to the Morgan. I find it much more stylish. It's too bad that in general they don't tone up too well. About 15 years ago I put together a full set in PCGS (rattler) MS65/64, a healthy percentage of which would have upgraded given todays standards. I sold it all off long ago except for the 1921, which is the imaged coin. C'est la vie. In the last year I've put together (raw) all of the set again (except for the 1928) mainly in VF to XF (the '34-S is VG-8 and the '21 is AU58). I'll do some upgrading this year and look for a nice 1928-P.

cent6522.jpg

cent6542.jpg

Great Peaces, guys! grin.gif

This is a PCGS 64. The lustre is really crazy! I have never seen anything like it, and when I first got it, I was confused by the lustre.

Also, that makes it really difficult (for me) to shoot a good picture.

-Amanda

Amanda --

Nice coin! Not your typical Peace dollar- looks somewhat prooflike. Is that why the luster is "crazy"?

Yes, the coin almost looks wet when you rotate it in the light. And the main devices are a tad on the frosty side.

Thanks. smile.gif

-Amanda

I actually think the Peace Dollar design is more attractive than the Morgan dollar design. Anyone else feel that way?

I do! Which is why I found ways to obtain an entire set! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Scott thumbsup2.gif

First off, PeaceFan those are some friggin' gorgeous Peace dollars!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks, it's taken years to find these!

Second, I absolutely prefer the Peace dollar design to the Morgan. I find it much more stylish. It's too bad that in general they don't tone up too well. About 15 years ago I put together a full set in PCGS (rattler) MS65/64, a healthy percentage of which would have upgraded given todays standards. I sold it all off long ago except for the 1921, which is the imaged coin. C'est la vie. In the last year I've put together (raw) all of the set again (except for the 1928) mainly in VF to XF (the '34-S is VG-8 and the '21 is AU58). I'll do some upgrading this year and look for a nice 1928-P.

What really draws me to the Peace $ is Miss Liberty's face: young, vibrant, and attractive, as compared to Miss Liberty on the Morgan which is schoolmarm-ish (no disrespect to Anna).

I have a raw set in AU/MS as well that is just as fun to look at as my cert coins; there's something to be said for being able to actually touch the coins.

What really draws me to the Peace $ is Miss Liberty's face: young, vibrant, and attractive.......

I'll have to agree with you on that point. She looks like she is ready to kiss someone.

Chris