• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

could someone transfer my 1899 barber quarter pic from the pcgs forum to here.

6 posts in this topic

Can someone here please post the pic. of my 1899 barber quarter from the pcgs forums over here ?If you can, please do so, and if you are willing to but need the numbers instead of just using the pic from that thread let me know. Russ already put it up for me in the pcgs forums and since I can't post pics. I thought the faulks over here might enjoy seeing it. Thanks for anyone that can help.Les

Thanks Mark.

This is my favorite Barber quarter purchased from a Heritage signature auction 2 years ago.

An interesting little story that goes with winning this coin is that there are repeat Danco albulm type slide marks across the neck on this coin that mostly can't be seen from the picture and I was the leading bidder at the end of online bidding at 825 dollars, yet whats funny is that the floor bidders who could see the neck up close bid the coin up higher then the other online bidders to 1 increment under my max bid and it ended up costing me 1150. Thats o.k. though because to me eye appeal is king and even with the slide marks, I think this is one of the prettiest Barber quarters that I've ever seen or owned.

Les

Are you sure they are slide marks. If so, how did it grade 65? Are they just "toning" lines rather than just physical scratches?

Also, I wouldn't think the marks were from a Dansco. Possibly a Raymond or a Whitman more likely.... laugh.gif

jom