• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registry Sets

5 posts in this topic

I was recently pleased to learn that NGC allows PCGS coins to be posted in their registry sets. I, for one, appreciate that as PCGS only allows PCGS graded coins in their sets. This way I don't have to think about crossovers. And that nice Bust Dollar I have in an NGC holder can now be displayed in a set. Now I'm going to try my hand at posting photos of the coins. By the way, I'm probably posting my first message here even though I've been a member for awhile.

By the way, is there a way to view my sets without going through the whole menu? PCGS has them listed for you in one location.

• Administrator

Hi and welcome!

When you login, you should be directed to your home page. Scroll to the bottom of that page and you'll find a list of your sets there.

• Administrator
Way to go Arch. 893applaud-thumb.gif You replied real fast with a welcome to one of our new posters. hi.gif I wonder why I couldn't get you to give me a reply to any of my posts. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Because your question is a scoring issue and I don't have anything to do with that. So while I can help this user with his question, my knowledge and ability to resolve your question is uh... not so great.

I can help with some generalities, though, based on the software rather than directly addressing your scoring question.

1. Have you used the "request score correction" link on the scores page?

You can see an example of the link on this page:

http://www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/slot_score_detail.asp?SlotID=7223

This is how you find it. -- Go to your set. Click on the name of the slot that you have the issue with. Click on Request Score Correction" near the top. By clicking on it from the correct page, a link to the set and slot you have a question on will also be sent in.

2. This may or may not help - but I can tell you that scoring for each coin can be different on a set by set basis. So, for instance, the same coin in a TYPE SET versus a DATE SET will get different scores. Since you're comparing scoring across denominations, you MAY (?) be talking about a type set. If you are, it's important to note that scoring is a little different in a type set as all coins are scored as the most common example of an eligible coin for that slot rather than rewarding particular rarity.

If none of this helps, then I'm afraid I'm not going to be much good to you in helping to clarify whether one coin or another really should have a higher score. That requires some numismatic knowledge and that's not my specialty.

I can tell you generically that population is NOT a direct indicator of scores. Any given coin can have a pretty low pop but also have a small universe of collectors who want it - leading that coin to be fairly easy to obtain by people who want it. On the other hand, a coin may have a much higher population but be pursued by many many collectors and thus get a higher score due to relative rarity.

Of course it could VERY WELL be that the scoring is just wrong and needs some adjustment also. I'm just not the guy to make that decision or to even know the difference one way or another.

flowerred.gif

Thank you Arch. I don't feel like I'm being ignored anymore. That was a very good answer. As to your question "Have you used the request score correction link on the scores page?", - yes, I have, several times. Since you aren't the one in charge of making changes to the scores, I will immediately stop bugging you. Could you recommend an NGC contact that might be able to make a score change? Any help would be great. Thanks again for your time and effort.