• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Getting real tired of some of the members of the Universe!

91 posts in this topic

mikeinfla,,You have displayed no character ,From your original posts slandering and accusing you made yourself out to be ignorant and then your edits ( to multiple Posts)to hide what you actually said here and across the street showed you to be a coward and someone who I personally would never trust .

I'm not quite sure how editing the wording of a post in order to avoid being sued shows a lack of character, particularly if the person who I was talking about admitted their behavior, the post did not change in subject nor message, and nothing I said was untrue, but that's neither here nor there.

Sure...You were gonna get sued for telling the truth ..... 27_laughing.gif,,

The reason you edited your posts is because they were full of lies and false accusations ....(This is where you should take a hint on the no character and coward statements I made earlier)

thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for not offering a hug... Continuously rejecting your Physical advances was starting to embarrass me...

Have a nice day thumbsup2.gif

If you don't believe me about the changes to the post, ask the local neighborhood Coin Physician to send you a copy of it. Unless he lied, he said he saved the post. Prove that I'm wrong. I challenge you. Are you up for the challenge, or would you rather continue to lie about it?

That being said, Why do Realone's comments concerning PCGS and NGC grading have anything whatsoever to do with his feelings about the PCGS forums?

Patrick, Remember the first step towards absolution is admitting your faults...Mike

Your a puppet,and not a very convincing one at that..Greg is ten times the man you are and as you have admitted to everything I said you were...Have a nice day. thumbsup2.gif

If you don't believe me about the changes to the post, ask the local neighborhood Coin Physician to send you a copy of it. Unless he lied, he said he saved the post. Prove that I'm wrong. I challenge you. Are you up for the challenge, or would you rather continue to lie about it?

That being said, Why do Realone's comments concerning PCGS and NGC grading have anything whatsoever to do with his feelings about the PCGS forums?

Patrick, Remember the first step towards absolution is admitting your faults...Mike

Your a puppet,and not a very convincing one at that..Greg is ten times the man you are and as you have admitted to everything I said you were...Have a nice day. thumbsup2.gif

Arguing with you is like arguing with my cat (although I think Sassy would take you)....so let's try another course...

You're right, Patrick, Greg is more of a man than I. You're right, Patrick, I am a puppet and only repeat what I'm told. You're right, Patrick, about everything.

Now please answer my question, why do Realone's comments concerning PCGS and NGC grading have anything whatsoever to do with his feelings about the PCGS forums?

Arguing with you is like arguing with my cat (although I think Sassy would take you)....so let's try another course...

You're right, Patrick, Greg is more of a man than I. You're right, Patrick, I am a puppet and only repeat what I'm told. You're right, Patrick, about everything.

Now please answer my question, why do Realone's comments concerning PCGS and NGC grading have anything whatsoever to do with his feelings about the PCGS forums?

I haven't argued with you at all...I have stated all facts..You have admitted that they were true and now you,It appears, Want me to call the SPCA because you are argueing with your cat...

You know I really did take you for a cat type... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

At least now we have come to an agreement...Have a nice day thumbsup2.gif

I'm sorry to have to end this but I have guests and as it is Christmas. We are going to have dinner and fellowship..I wish you and your cat well.

On PCGS -vs- NGC grading....Perhaps it is because our collecting interest is different, or we are going to have to agree to disagree on this topic. My observations within the coins I follow (type coins and large cents) is as suggested above -- that NGC grades far more problem and AT coins than PCGS and they are also looser in their grading. Moreso for large cents than type coins, but there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever on either one of these points. This says nothing of the loosening that occurs at NGC when a big collection comes rolling in to be sold at Heritage --

OK, well, I'd agree that is definately has a lot to do with certain series of coins. I don't know all that much about type or copper but in the series I collect the services are rather equal. However, one series I do know NGC seems to have a problem with is Indian $5 gold peices. Not that AT is a problem but most you see in their holders look pretty bad. But I do not attribute this to the quality of the service but more to the perception the market has with NGC on this series (at least). If one service holder brings more money that another the likelyhood of a correctly graded coin from the "weaker" priced slab being cracked out is very high. Which means that only the crappy coins are left in the "weaker" holder. Which then makes the market very more bent toward the "stronger" service...it's kind of like a snowball going down hill.

I certainly don't know if that is the case for early copper or type but I'm pretty convinced that is the problem with the lower MS/AU $5 Indians. Given the small market in which coin collecting resides it is not a shock that there are little niche areas like this where the market is very inefficent.

jom

PS: Merry Christmas! yay.gif

Hello again,

I wanted to respond to the last couple of posters who have been very helpful as to the education of realone, I really do appreciate it and must agree with all that has been explained. I still don't know why my post on the otherside of the universe was transported here, it was intended to be a response to a thread over there and should not have been applied here, but nevertheless I wrote it so I will own it.

I would hate to be considered a Kool-Aide drinker of sorts, and I agree to have blind faith in a product is absolutely ridiculous and incredibly short sighted but I am guilty of it at the same time. I can only say in my short time buying/collecting I have purchased some bad for the grade/problem coins that happened to be in NGC holders, since mine is a small universe of coins I should not jump to conclusions and make sweeping statements encompassing all NGC coins. I should have been clearer to say I am only talking about coins that I have purchased and owned and not say that all NGC coins are problematic, but I implied that or said something along those lines and I have to eat it.

That being said I still do not trust the problematic coins that I seem to come across albeit small number (meaning the ones that I bought ) that are in NGC holders, and that is with regards to my silver coinage bust and seated liberty types 4 are questionably toned coins (could be artifically toned) and/or questionably cleaned coins either dipped too many times or cleaned too harshly to be holdered in the high grade holders that I own; and as to my gold coins (4) that are in NGC holders 3 are dinged/hit too many times for the grade on the holder, and are also of questionable color and cleaning too for that matter. BTW this is what I meant by problem coins. And this what has been told to me after showing the coins to multiple dealers.

You can say it is my own fault, I chose these coins off photos from reputable internet auction sites, received the coins and didn't and/or couldn't return them and thus was forced to keep these problematic examples, all being in NGC holders. If I saw them in person I would have passed on them for sure. On the otherhand every PCGS coin that I purchased this way have been fine, again this is in my small universe. Now I know what you are going to say, why don't I go see the coins in person, in the near future I will be able to do that, an injury kept me from traveling, so I have never had an opportunity to travel to a show and view in person.

I should have probably have been more careful in the wording of my original post to a thread on the CU Forum but I did not think it would land here and get the publicity that it got. Like I previously stated the few non-problematic NGC coins that I do own one is exceptional and I know with a high degree of certainty that it is right on for the grade with no problems and original surfaces ( that one was sent to Rick Snow for examination) and the other 2 are fine per other dealers.

So out of 11 NGC coins, 3 are properly graded and are problem free the rest are all obviously cleaned, artificially toned, and/or overgraded. remember that this is the opinion of multiple dealers that came highly recommended. I am unfortunately incapable of seeing many of the problems with these coins at this time in my early collecting career. Now if you tell me each of the dealers are lying to me than what else can I say, I guess you can't rely on anything or anybody, and that is the lesson learned, but relying on myself at this point is fruitless, its going to take a lot of time to get up to speed to be able to grade myself and rely on it.

I know that one should by the coin and not the holder, and I know that one should become skilled at grading and detecting problems before one buys, that only makes sense. But I thought initially that if I purchased coins that were in TPG holders and they were in the top three and moderately highly graded coins anywhere from au58 to MS64 one could trust that the coins were properly graded ( I understand that it is subjective) not artificially toned not obvioulsy cleaned hopefully with original surfaces. What can I say, call me the stupidest *spoon* so called collector out there, thats me. Obviouslyt I need to learn to swim before I jump in the lake and drown. I stupidly relied on one of the top TPGs and got burned. I also realize that I am relying on the word of dealers too. It is interesting that practically everyone on the board says I should rely on my own grading etc skills before I buy to be certain one is buying right, but if that is true then I guess we wouldn't need the TPGs or for that matter the dealers. I thought I could rely blindly on the top three TPGs. I thought I could rely on multiple dearlers. I guess you can't have it both ways.

I really appreciate what everyone is saying critical or not, it is helping me in the education of realone that I obviously need and want. Keep those comments coming.

This is my opinion and I am sticking to it, I graduated from the School of Hard Knocks,

That being said I still do not trust the problematic coin areas that I seem to come across on a regular albeit small basis that are in NGC holders, and that is with regards to silver coinage bust and seated liberty types questionably toned coins (could be artifically toned) and questionably cleaned coins either dipped too many times or cleaned too harshly to be holdered in high grade holders; and as to gold coins those that are dinged/hit too many times for the grade on the holder, and questionable color and cleaning too for that matter. BTW this is what I meant by problem coins.
While I am of the opinion that PCGS grades more conservatively than NGC in many cases, the problems described above certainly pertain to PCGS coins as well as NGC coins.

Each company grades a high percentage of coins accurately, and each over-grades and under-grades many coins, too. If they are accurate even (an impressive) 90% of the time, that still leaves thousands of new coins each month which are inaccurately graded. Those numbers add up to highly significant totals over a period of years.

Also, most of us get a distorted view of what's out there, as the conservatively graded coins often get taken off the market in order to be re-submitted for the "correct" grade. Meanwhile, the liberally graded coins are often tough sells and float around and around, looking for new homes.

Finally, for one reason/bias or another, each of us dislikes coins which are accurately graded. The fact that we might not like certain things about them doesn't necessarily mean that the grading company got it wrong.

Patrick,

I hope you enjoyed your dinner with your family. In the meantime, Sassy wanted to ask you a question:

original.jpg

Please answer her, because if not, she says she's going on a hunger strike, and she can be rather grumpy when she's hungry.

Thank you....Mike

I wanted to respond to the last couple of posters who have been very helpful as to the education of realone, I really do appreciate it and must agree with all that has been explained. I still don't know why my post on the otherside of the universe was transported here, it obviously was a response to a thread over there and should nopt have been applied here, but nevertheless I wrote so I will own it.

I brought it over here so I will explain as to why.Your statement condemned NGC for What I read as Great ineptitude and to be honest I thought you were just another in a long list of NGC bashers.

This is the NGC board.

I felt that everyone should have the opportunity to read your statements and judge for themselves as to what you were saying.You will note that I Never condemned you or flamed you .I just stated that you gave the impression of one of the Kool Aid drinkers ATS.

I would hate to be considered a Kool-Aide drinker of sorts, and I agree to have blind faith in a product is absolutely ridiculous and incredibly shortsighted. I can only say in my short time buying/collecting I have purchased some bad for the grade coins in NGC holders, since mine is a small universe of coins I should not jump to conclusions and make sweeping statements encompassing all NGC coins. I should have been clear to say I am only talking about coins that I have purchased and own and not say that all NGC coins are problematic, but I said it so I have to eat it.

I can appreciate that you feel the need to eat it but I have to ask,Have you ever gone to NGC and discussed it with them..NGC is the most customer friendly of ALL the TPG's.

If you have a gripe about a coin and you don't go to the Company that Guaranties the grade then it's a moot point.

That being said I still do not trust the problematic coin areas that I seem to come across on a regular albeit small basis that are in NGC holders, and that is with regards to silver coinage bust and seated liberty types questionably toned coins (could be artifically toned) and questionably cleaned coins either dipped too many times or cleaned too harshly to be holdered in high grade holders; and as to gold coins those that are dinged/hit too many times for the grade on the holder, and questionable color and cleaning too for that matter. BTW this is what I meant by problem coins.

See above

You can say it is my own fault, I chose these coins off photos from reputable internet auction sites, received the coins couldn't return them and thus forced to keep these problematic examples, all being in NGC holders. If I saw them in person I would have passed on them for sure. On the otherhand every PCGS coin that I purchased this way have been fine, again this is in my small universe. Now I know what you are going to say, why don't I go see the coins in person, in the near future I will be able to do that, an injury kept me from traveling, so I have never had an opportunity to travel to a show and view in person.

What Reputable sites are you speaking of?

I know of no reputable site that does not allow returns.For our education and benefit I think that you should name them.

I should have probably have been more careful in the wording of my original post to a thread on the CU Forum but I did not think it would land here and get the publicity that it got. Like I previously stated the few NGC coins that I do own are exceptional and I know with a high degree of certainty that they are right on for the grade with no problems and original surfaces.

People here cross the street all the time....If I hadn't seen it and posted it someone else would have.At least (and believe me when I say this) you showed a TON of character and didn't whine and edit your posts. THAT shows integrity and people who might not agree with you will still respect you and your opinion.

I really appreciate what everyone is saying critical or not, it is helping me in the education that I obviously need and want Keep the comments coming.

Stick around and have some fun...It really is a nicer place than the one you came from.

Merry Christmas thumbsup2.gif

Patrick,

I hope you enjoyed your dinner with your family. In the meantime, Sassy wanted to ask you a question:

original.jpg

Please answer her, because if not, she says she's going on a hunger strike, and she can be rather grumpy when she's hungry.

Thank you....Mike

no,,,She can do like all other cats and eat her own poop...Have a nice day thumbsup2.gif

Why do Realone's comments concerning PCGS and NGC grading have anything whatsoever to do with his feelings about the PCGS forums?

Mike, if there were a good answer to that question, you probably would have heard it by now. tonofbricks.gif

Just to be clear to the last poster, unforunately or fortunately depending on who is agreeing or disageeing I i did edit my post, I guess I thought everyone was still eating so I took a little more time to clean up and tidy things up a little better. Sorry for that, so go back and reread and you may want to adjust your comments, or maybe not, just wanted to bring it to your attention.

You asked the auction sites that I have purchased form, they would be Superior and Heritage. Superior has a definite non-return policy, only one coin that I purchased from them had an issue, and the problem was handled although no matter how many conversations I have with NGC about the grade being in question, NGC stuck to there grade, and no matter how many times that I have sent it to PCGS for a cross that to stuck to their guns and refused to cross it. You see I has expert(s) check it out and said it wasn't accurate for the grade, but NGC says it is, and PCGS obviously agrees with the expert(s).

As to Heritage, after having numerous conversations with customer service and either being put on hold for a ridiculous amount of time and getting different stories each time, one guy said you cannot return any coin, one said you can it depends on the auction, and another said if it is a certain type of auction you have 3 days and only if the coin was misrepresented. Well I believe the coin was and finally found a gentleman there who said that I should send it to him for a review. The photo and the description in my opinion did not fairly represent the coin, one only has to hold the coin at three feet to see an obvious carbon spot that is evident on the coin and not seen in the close up photo or mentioned in the description. Besides the coin being over dipped or too harshly cleaned in places as is again the opinion of multiple dealers. It resides in an NGC MS64 holder.

Why do Realone's comments concerning PCGS and NGC grading have anything whatsoever to do with his feelings about the PCGS forums?

Mike, if there were a good answer to that question, you probably would have heard it by now. tonofbricks.gif
I don't in actuality converse with those I have little or no respect for...

Did you ever write that check? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's a good question so I'll pose it as well.

MAULEMALL, Why do Realone's comments concerning PCGS and NGC grading have anything whatsoever to do with his feelings about the PCGS forums?

MAULEMALL, Why do Realone's comments concerning PCGS and NGC grading have anything whatsoever to do with his feelings about the PCGS forums?

This was my response to realones post....I don't know you so I will figure you were on the Mariel boatlift from across the street...If this doesn't answer your question than I guess you will just have to be satisfied with it.

I wanted to respond to the last couple of posters who have been very helpful as to the education of realone, I really do appreciate it and must agree with all that has been explained. I still don't know why my post on the otherside of the universe was transported here, it obviously was a response to a thread over there and should nopt have been applied here, but nevertheless I wrote so I will own it.

I brought it over here so I will explain as to why.Your statement condemned NGC for What I read as Great ineptitude and to be honest I thought you were just another in a long list of NGC bashers.

This is the NGC board.

I felt that everyone should have the opportunity to read your statements and judge for themselves as to what you were saying.You will note that I Never condemned you or flamed you .I just stated that you gave the impression of one of the Kool Aid drinkers ATS.

I would hate to be considered a Kool-Aide drinker of sorts, and I agree to have blind faith in a product is absolutely ridiculous and incredibly shortsighted. I can only say in my short time buying/collecting I have purchased some bad for the grade coins in NGC holders, since mine is a small universe of coins I should not jump to conclusions and make sweeping statements encompassing all NGC coins. I should have been clear to say I am only talking about coins that I have purchased and own and not say that all NGC coins are problematic, but I said it so I have to eat it.

I can appreciate that you feel the need to eat it but I have to ask,Have you ever gone to NGC and discussed it with them..NGC is the most customer friendly of ALL the TPG's.

If you have a gripe about a coin and you don't go to the Company that Guaranties the grade then it's a moot point.

See above

You can say it is my own fault, I chose these coins off photos from reputable internet auction sites, received the coins couldn't return them and thus forced to keep these problematic examples, all being in NGC holders. If I saw them in person I would have passed on them for sure. On the otherhand every PCGS coin that I purchased this way have been fine, again this is in my small universe. Now I know what you are going to say, why don't I go see the coins in person, in the near future I will be able to do that, an injury kept me from traveling, so I have never had an opportunity to travel to a show and view in person.

What Reputable sites are you speaking of?

I know of no reputable site that does not allow returns.For our education and benefit I think that you should name them.

I should have probably have been more careful in the wording of my original post to a thread on the CU Forum but I did not think it would land here and get the publicity that it got. Like I previously stated the few NGC coins that I do own are exceptional and I know with a high degree of certainty that they are right on for the grade with no problems and original surfaces.

People here cross the street all the time....If I hadn't seen it and posted it someone else would have.At least (and believe me when I say this) you showed a TON of character and didn't whine and edit your posts. THAT shows integrity and people who might not agree with you will still respect you and your opinion.

I really appreciate what everyone is saying critical or not, it is helping me in the education that I obviously need and want Keep the comments coming.

Stick around and have some fun...It really is a nicer place than the one you came from.

Merry Christmas

And just so we understand each other ,,, The question is inconsequential and I owe no one here an answer.

Realone you accepted responsability for your own words...Thats more than mikeinfla has ever done..You stood up like a Man...Again more than mikeinfla...

I have never had any trouble with heritage and I have bought probably a hundred or so coins from them...I have heard superier had some issues but I took that to heart and haven't done any buisness with them...I would call Jay Turner at NGC and speak with him directly....I was just checking to see who was online and I believe Mr Lange was on board and I am sure if you PM him he will get back with you.

MAULEMALL

Your hatred towards other members here is just out of hand.

Please just cool it, especially on this day. smile.gif

I don't see any hate...I don't feel any hate....Maybe I am a little straight forward for some but thats just me...I suggest that if my post bothers you that maybe you should not read them... Your hatred towards other members here is just out of hand. Please reread that and ask yourself if that isn't just a bit absurd. Hatred,,,Why would anyone waste that emotion on this board...Maybe you need to look into yourself and evaluate your emotional state... confused-smiley-013.gif

Realone you accepted responsability for your own words...Thats more than mikeinfla has ever done..You stood up like a Man...Again more than mikeinfla...

I accept the responsibility for each and every one of my words -- both in pre- and post-edited states.

Does this mean Sassy will now get her question answered directly?

original.jpg

After all, she's never edited a post before. confused-smiley-013.gif

She thanks you for your consideration....Mike

p.s. I also, begrudgingly, take responsibility for all of Sassy's words too. blush.gifwink.gifgrin.gif

I accept the responsibility for each and every one of my words -- both in pre- and post-edited states.

original.jpg

p.s. I also, begrudgingly, take responsibility for all of Sassy's words too. blush.gifwink.gifgrin.gif

I am sorry but I have been told that I have too much hate for your cat.

original.jpg

Here I brought her someone to play with

1103132614203.gif

At this point in time I would like to thank everybody who has taken the time to post their messages, it has been educational and you guys have been generous with your time and wisdom. Whether my post was intended to be on this chat board or not is in the past now, it was brought to this board by other than myself, it isn't mine to own once it is posted, although I own the written words. So lets forget about why and put this to bed, I again thank anybody who might have thought it was not an intended topic of conversation on the board, it came, and now its gone. Bottomline is I wrote it, and I stand behind it because it is what I have experienced. It may be full of poorly worded and written newbeisms that if I am around long enough to conquer this hobby of kings will be a source of jabs for myself after the good hard experience is had by me. My post was only meant to tell what happens when one is uneducated and relying on others and fooling around in a hobby that is a dangerous as it is beautiful. This coin hobbyists journey has been eye opening, I realize that as much as the TPG's want you to buy their product for its grading and authenticating credibility features you cannot rely on the product they say that they provide on its own merits alone, you in addition have to rely on yourself. What is needed is both components the grading companys and the KNOWLDEGEABLE COLLECTOR, OF WHICH I WAS NOT. I did not know this when I started out 1 1/2 years ago, now I do and am better off for it. And I have you the members of the NGC Message Boards & the members of the PCGS Coin Universe forum to thank for that. The information that is posted on these two site fills in the blanks and is worth its weight in the gold it discusses on a daily basis. But I will end this post by saying I wish I read this entire thread before I started collecting. The grading companies are doing a great service for the collector and providing a great product but what they don't tell you is there should be a warning lable on the plastic holder, buyer beware the service is imperfect it is provided by humans and mistakes may be made from time to time!

At this point in time I would like to thank everybody who has taken the time to post their messages, it has been educational and you guys have been generous with your time and wisdom. Whether my post was intended to be on this chat board or not is in the past now, it was brought to this board by other than myself, it isn't mine to own once it is posted, although I own the written words. So lets forget about why and put this to bed, I again thank anybody who might have thought it was not an intended topic of conversation on the board, it came, and now its gone. Bottomline is I wrote it, and I stand behind it because it is what I have experienced. It may be full of poorly worded and written newbeisms that if I am around long enough to conquer this hobby of kings will be a source of jabs for myself after the good hard experience is had by me. My post was only meant to tell what happens when one is uneducated and relying on others and fooling around in a hobby that is a dangerous as it is beautiful. This coin hobbyists journey has been eye opening, I realize that as much as the TPG's want you to buy their product for its grading and authenticating credibility features you cannot rely on the product they say that they provide on its own merits alone, you in addition have to rely on yourself. What is needed is both components the grading companys and the KNOWLDEGEABLE COLLECTOR, OF WHICH I WAS NOT. I did not know this when I started out 1 1/2 years ago, now I do and am better off for it. And I have you the members of the NGC Message Boards & the members of the PCGS Coin Universe forum to thank for that. The information that is posted on these two site fills in the blanks and is worth its weight in the gold it discusses on a daily basis. But I will end this post by saying I wish I read this entire thread before I started collecting. The grading companies are doing a great service for the collector and providing a great product but what they don't tell you is there should be a warning lable on the plastic holder, buyer beware the service is imperfect it is provided by humans and mistakes may be made from time to time!
Well stated and again Welcome to the boards... thumbsup2.gif

MAULEMALL

I don't see any hate...I don't feel any hate....Maybe I am a little straight forward for some but thats just me...I suggest that if my post bothers you that maybe you should not read them... Your hatred towards other members here is just out of hand. Please reread that and ask yourself if that isn't just a bit absurd. Hatred,,,Why would anyone waste that emotion on this board...Maybe you need to look into yourself and evaluate your emotional state... confused-smiley-013.gif

So tell us. If you don't hate the members here, why do you spend so much time insulting them? You sir are the one in need of emotional evaluation. Hope you can get your problems under control.

Well stated and again Welcome to the boards... thumbsup2.gif

I concur. grouphug.gif

MAULEMALL

So tell us. If you don't hate the members here, why do you spend so much time insulting them? You sir are the one in need of emotional evaluation. Hope you can get your problems under control.

You sir are the one in need of emotional evaluation. 27_laughing.gif,,,You take yourself WAYYYYY to seriously....Go out ,,,Have a Beer ,,, Knock some Boots , But Please and I am Beggin ya ,,,Please don't think that your opinion of me Matters to me in any way, Shape or Form...

And In all seriousness I hope you feel the same way. thumbsup2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif