• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade......and yes I bought a white widget....lol

20 posts in this topic

Ok so my staff gives me this Ebay gift certificate for Christmas..... 893applaud-thumb.gif

I spent almost a week scouring Ebay for a toned coin that I could purchase....couldn't find any with the right color for the right price. I looked at certified foreign coins......no luck....... I moved on to GOLD Eagles........way more money then I was given so that was out.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now I am starting to get frustrated because I have money to spend but I don't want to waste it on a coin I don't like......Franklin halves....no luck.....Morgans with color.....yeah right not for less than a couple hundred bucks.......is there no justice..... foreheadslap.gif

Let's look for Raw toners.....AT....AT...AT...AT........all garbage 893censored-thumb.gif

paper Money? CGA, PMG, PCGS......I'm not paying $80 bucks for a 1976 GEM 67 $2 bill.........so we move on....

(Strategic pause)

Am I the only one who has gone through this on Ebay.....have money but can't find the right coin???

(Back on track)

Forget the coins...surely there has to be a CGC graded comic book I want...........nope just Modern Holofoil, Autographed, Prism, Sketch cover over produced junk in my price range frustrated.gif|

Baseball Cards........I love them but I am not shelling out $80 for a box that's going to produce about $20 worth of cards so I keep my fingers typing away on the keyboard....

What does that leave......Jewelry....nope wife is signing divorce paper on Friday 893whatthe.gif

Adult items??? 893applaud-thumb.gif nah...what if one of you folks with too much time on your hands does a search on what I am bidding on 893whatthe.gifgrin.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Ok.....we are back to coins for one last run......let's check out the BIN store items.......surely there has to be a coin out there with my name on it????893crossfingers-thumb.gif..........

Ok....it's a white widget but it looked nice and I am a sucker for an OGH so what the heck!!!

Please Guess the grade and tell me what you think of the coin please thumbsup2.gif

06d4_1.JPG

0723_1.JPG

I will guess MS-65, and a borderline PL, but not quite enough to be designated as such. I like the coin a lot.

And you're right, "widget" is the applicable term here 27_laughing.gif.

(... which doesn't disparage the coin, of course. The 1881-S Morgan is THE penultimate issue for type for the entire series).

I'll go MS65...

Hard to tell from the photos but it dose not look quit PL but I would not be surprised if it was and/or MS66...

Nice pick, I'm sure it will look even better in hand...

That's the cool thing about Morgan's they can be toned or white and look very original with great eye appeal...

PS... Hope it's PL..."-)

I see a lot of abrasion and Field Chatter - Its a 64PL in a NGC holder

Probably a 63PL in a PCGS OGH holder -

Your Good 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

0689_1.JPG

It sure looks a lot cleaner than a 63PL to me but the shot is straight on and could hide some flaws. I do think I am going to like it and the coin could be an upgrade candidate but who cares thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for playing everyone and for an fyi...I made an offer on the coin of $70 and the offer was accepted so there's not much downside thumbsup2.gif

It may be Shane that people are wincing that their grades are so far off. You got me by 2 points, which is kind of galling. (EDITED TO ADD: Well, at least it's not a Frankie blush.gif) I think your coin is an absolute KILLER for a 63 and would think it would be worth the shot to upgrade it. Very nice pickup! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks......I got similar grades across the street so.......either this image hides a heck of a lot.....or this coin is undergraded by a point or two.....won't know until I get her in my grubby little mits acclaim.gif