• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm thinking about placing a bid on this coin...thoughts?

15 posts in this topic

The toning pattern has me concerned it might be cleaned. Specifically, the only dark areas are the areas hidden next to the devices and letters -- this is a big warning sign to me and as a result I would pass on this coin...Mike

If you like the coin for aesthetic reasons, I can't see anything that should keep you from bidding. It's not like it's an expensive coin. It sounds like something caught your eye, and ultimately, it's the beauty that lies in the eye of the beholder that should drive your decision (assuming of course the price is reasonable).

Decent looking coin,good seller feedback,low shipping makes it a potential buy.As long as the price stays reasonable I would consider it.If i hadn't picked up one last week I would be watching it myself.

I am having a hard time judging the lustre/wear from the picture, so I am not sure if I quite agree with 'AU+++.'

Also the black in the devices seems a little odd.

-Amanda

Images can be deceiving, but it looks like a nice circulated example to me and I'd guess it's worth approximately $50.

I agree with the statement about images. Based on what I see, it looks more like XF+++ or AU---. It could be that the image is tilted, hiding most of the detail. smile.gif

Images can be deceiving, but it looks like a nice circulated example to me and I'd guess it's worth approximately $50.

Wow Mark, that was prophetic. It went for $50 plus shipping. Too rich for my blood, considering the photo quality and the fact that I'm saving up for something else.

and the fact that I'm saving up for something else.

Do tell. flowerred.gif

Honestly, I'm not 100% sure. I'll know it when I see it. Maybe more Britannias, maybe my frst gold, maybe a couple of extra Jamestown commems, maybe something non-coin related. Time will tell. Right now, I'm in sort of a selling mood. popcorn.gif