• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Corvette Giveaway silver medals - NGC encapsulated!

3 posts in this topic

I just ran across WinANewCorvette.com which is one of many Corvette Giveaways that are held. The difference here is that instead of just buying tickets to win, each ticket is a .999 silver round that is NGC encapsulated (according to this eBay auction). The silver rounds have a serial number which is your ticket number for the giveaway.

coin_front.jpg8cf8_2.JPG

The silver rounds may only be worth a small premium over spot after the giveaway concludes but if you are going to participate in a Corvette Giveaway anyway, it's a neat keepsake.

And it's NGC encapsulated! It won't have a grade like the $100 Unions but I wonder if they would grade it if you submitted it.

It's interesting, but I don't think I'd care to pay $119 for the medal. Even though they are limiting production to 2500, that still means they are making $200,000+ profit from the "giveaway".

Chris

It's interesting, but I don't think I'd care to pay $119 for the medal. Even though they are limiting production to 2500, that still means they are making $200,000+ profit from the "giveaway".
I agree. I'd rather be on the end selling the medals and giving away the car wink.gif Same with FS on the secondary market. If I was in that market, which I am not, I'd also rather be on the selling end instead of the buying end.

I imagine, however, that there are people who do sign up for those Corvette giveaways. Just pick up a copy of Corvette magazine and there always seem to be a number of them.