• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Three Cheers for NGC!!!

12 posts in this topic

893applaud-thumb.gif

Why?

Because a couple of years ago I had a question about a coin of mine that NGC graded, I phoned to inquire about the grade, and who talks to me and educates me about the coin and why it graded that way...the big man himself!!! (I'm not going to name him so he doesn't get barraged with phone calls).

Because they allow both PCGS and NGC coins in the Registry and have a user friendly inoffensive format that works really well.

Because they cultivated the Signature set concept and enabled everyone to be creative about their own registry sets.

Because they allow for communication WITHIN the registry, even if it's just a diary that you keep, you can put down your own words.

Because they provide a haven free from abuse. You get warned before you get banned, and they're not hysterical about criticism...in fact, I think they deal with it very well, but I rarely see it...it's no wonder why.

Because I just sent an email to one of the master's of the evil empire and got a mildly rude response that my being a customer and (ex) member of their board did not deserve.

Because once I had a question about a coin the evil empire graded, and when I called to discuss it with anyone of the graders, it was told that will never happen, the graders don't talk to customers.

Hey... 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif for NGC!!!

PS this is not axx kissing, this is an honest tribute, even though I don't like their holders!

I'm sure you've noticed that NGC almost always remains in a "seen but not heard" state whenever controversial issues are brought to the boards. Oh, I'm sure that they probably take notes on board discussions and review some of these issues in their staff meetings, but they really show their class and integrity when they let us have our space and don't intervene.

That is why I like NGC!

Chris

[brown nose] Great Post. I agree wholeheartedly. [/brown nose] wink.gif

NGC does a fine job. I believe they are overall more consistent than the others. And their customer service far exceeds those ATS. However, I would like to see them tighten their standard and I am very anti NCS. I feel they do way more damage to coins than good.

they really show their class and integrity when they let us have our space and don't intervene.

That is why I like NGC!

Chris

Here, Here !!! or is it Hear, Hear !!!

Paul

This is NGC? foreheadslap.gif Man, now you tell me, all this time I thought this was the PCGS Boards. I was wondering why nobody was getting banned.

Somebody better call David right away and tell him whats going on over here. He had better get over here and squash all this professionalism and mutual respect before it starts to spread back to his place. 27_laughing.gif

Somebody better call David right away and tell him whats going on over here. He had better get over here and squash all this professionalism and mutual respect before it starts to spread back to his place. 27_laughing.gif

They wouldn't know professionalism and mutual respect over there if it announced itself on the way in, and brought a marching band.

They wouldn't know professionalism and mutual respect over there if it announced itself on the way in, and brought a marching band.

you'd better watch what you say 893naughty-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif, some of the good soldiers might come over here to read this and use it to substantiate their claims that the only thing that goes on over here is pcgs bashing.

XXXname removedXXX

Collector

Thursday December 14, 2006 8:37 AM

Well, if you miss it, you can take a stroll across the street right now and find the old back stabbing, defamatory statements, unsubstantiated accusations, name calling, cruel BS that we used to have over here. Now you know that I can be a bit scrappy when attacked, but I much prefer the more civil atmosphere that is emerging on this forum as of late. And, if we can maintain a professional decorum, I bet that some of the true experts that have been hesitant to participate hereon because of the wild antics may just decide to cast a few pearls before us. It may be coin forum lite now, but I bet it emerges as an even more powerful source of information while across the street goes to pot.

you'd better watch what you say 893naughty-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif, some of the good soldiers might come over here to read this and use it to substantiate their claims that the only thing that goes on over here is pcgs bashing.

Fletcher

Collector

Well, if you miss it, you can take a stroll across the street right now and find the old back stabbing, defamatory statements, unsubstantiated accusations, name calling, cruel BS that we used to have over here. Now you know that I can be a bit scrappy when attacked, but I much prefer the more civil atmosphere that is emerging on this forum as of late. And, if we can maintain a professional decorum, I bet that some of the true experts that have been hesitant to participate hereon because of the wild antics may just decide to cast a few pearls before us. It may be coin forum lite now, but I bet it emerges as an even more powerful source of information while across the street goes to pot.

Hey, Mike, you might want to remove the poster's name next time. thumbsup2.gif

Fletcher

Collector

Hey, Mike, you might want to remove the poster's name next time. thumbsup2.gif

Why,,, 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

Why?

Because a couple of years ago I had a question about a coin of mine that NGC graded, I phoned to inquire about the grade, and who talks to me and educates me about the coin and why it graded that way...the big man himself!!! (I'm not going to name him so he doesn't get barraged with phone calls).

Because they allow both PCGS and NGC coins in the Registry and have a user friendly inoffensive format that works really well.

Because they cultivated the Signature set concept and enabled everyone to be creative about their own registry sets.

Because they allow for communication WITHIN the registry, even if it's just a diary that you keep, you can put down your own words.

Because they provide a haven free from abuse. You get warned before you get banned, and they're not hysterical about criticism...in fact, I think they deal with it very well, but I rarely see it...it's no wonder why.

Because I just sent an email to one of the master's of the evil empire and got a mildly rude response that my being a customer and (ex) member of their board did not deserve.

Because once I had a question about a coin the evil empire graded, and when I called to discuss it with anyone of the graders, it was told that will never happen, the graders don't talk to customers.

Hey... 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif for NGC!!!

PS this is not axx kissing, this is an honest tribute, even though I don't like their holders!

What is extreamly funny to me is that 5 years ago almost the exact same thing happened to me...John Maben called me and even had another of his graders on the line while we discussed a submission of 20 or so coins that I had some questions about.