• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Wayne Herndon Special

20 posts in this topic

This is my last coin of the year, I think. wink.gif Anyone who's bought from Wayne knows he's one of the best. thumbsup2.gif This one had the look that I'm in search of for my collection. Care to guess the grade? Waynes pic:

C50cSTNMTNp55obvsmall.jpg

C50cSTNMTNp55revsmall.jpg

Tasty looking coin! thumbsup2.gif

The scratches on the obverse look like they're on the slab. The scratches on the wing/belly of the eagle (?) on the reverse look like they're on the coin, so I'd say 64-65.

The scratches are on the holder. NGC? Can't tell the luster but still probably a 66. thumbsup2.gif

It sure is nice going on sprees! yay.gif

I haven't bought anything since early October because of other priorities. frown.gif

Great look on that Stone Mountain, which BTW is one of my favorites. Very difficult to find this commem with attractive toning.

Very hard to grade from the image. It could be the lighting but I'm reading some wear from the image, in particular on the reverse. I'd market grade it AU62.

What's the verdict?

JJ

JJ the coin just arrived so heres the verdict grin.gif Here's Waynes description of the coin:

Graded AU by PCGS but finding wear on this piece is difficult even on most of the high points of the coin; the coin is spectacularly toned in shades of gold, green and orange on the obverse and gold, green, lilac and lavender on the reverse; truly amazing color on both faces coupled with a popular, attractive design.

I appreciate everyones comments on this one. thumbsup2.gif This one fits in very well with my other Classic Commems. And no, I didn't pay AU money for it. wink.gif

1925stnmtnslabrev.jpg

1925stnmtnslabobv.jpg

1925stnmtnobv4.jpg

1925stnmtnrev4.jpg

Well it is beautiful !!! I only missed the grade by A MILE !!! 893whatthe.gif

It's one of those types of coins that the moment I see it I love it and can't seem to focus in on the details because the whole coin is so great. Kind of like "buck fever".

Congrats on picking up such an eye-catching piece.