• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1886 Silver Dollar

4 posts in this topic

I have a Morgan Silver Dollar (1886). I would like to know if anyone can give me some information, like how I can determine where it came from and it's current worth.

Thank you

ADDITIONAL: I just found out that the Morgan Silver Dollar is a Philidelphia Mint... if that means anything to you guys...

Hi welcome to the board and your first taste of coin collecting. The morgan dollar you have is a common date I need to know if it has any wear on it (the condition) Because if it looks like it has been used for money and not in uncirculated state(no wear on it) you might get $5.00 or $6.00 for it from a dealer. If it has no wear then We would have to know more about the condition of the coin.

My sugestion is not to sell it but keep it to show your friends as a conversation piece.

As I said before welcome to the board and if you have any other questions feel free to ask them and the guys(and girls) here will try and help. CHRIS

A great way to determine it's worth is to search ebay auctions for a picture of a simular graded coin that shows some bids and not the buy-it-now feature.

Well, lookee here, I did the search for you. Just click on this link.

Leo