• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I read about 'Squirl' in Numismatist and decided to give it a try...

23 posts in this topic

'Squirl' is a collection-sharing engine. You can post collections in many categories, including coins.

I think it will even host pictures for you, but I just transferred files from my photobucket.

I prefer my website, but this is fun too. A good way to pass the time whilst sick anyways.

Anyways, here's mine.

-Amanda

That’s nice album and photos Amanda. thumbsup2.gif

I looked at your web site Winston, Cool cool.gif

I deleted my flicker album, it was loading me up with spyware. mad.gif

Any suggestions?

Amanda, is there room for commentary in those listings, or is it just filling in certain data blocks? I'm interested in the ability to discuss characteristics of VAM's in the pictured coin.

Hope you start to feeling better...I got my flu shot two weeks ago, now I have the symptoms of a cold, no fever yet but feel like ~yuck~ sluggish and weak.

I see where you underscored the links on your web page, makes it easier to navigate. thumbsup2.gif

Normally I would say job well done, but I am turning over my new leaf, and alot of people around here are not going to like it. Unspeakable things have happened to me, and the nice guy I was is all but gone now. Your set needs alot of work if you ask me.

Normally I would say job well done, but I am turning over my new leaf, and alot of people around here are not going to like it. Unspeakable things have happened to me, and the nice guy I was is all but gone now. Your set needs alot of work if you ask me.

Well, Bruce that is certainly your prerogative. Nowhere did I say it was finished, also, I recognise that certain coins have problems (I believe I have them labeled as such).

Also, the notion of a 'set' is absurd in this case. I call it a Type Collection, because that's what it is, a collection of coins individually chosen by me. Set implys that everyone does it the same way and that all the coins look the same. This is exceedingly boring to me, and seems to imply homogenity.

Also, I don't recall asking you. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifwink.gif

It's the holidays, I hope you can find your old self. smile.gif

-Amanda

Amanda I am sorry. I am in a horrible frame of mind today and should not be posting. Take my post for what it is.

Well that's understandable, I guess. smile.gif

No need to apologise, but am I to understand that your new leaf is not permanent then?

And your post is simply an opinion, not constructive criticism, so I guess I'll leave it at that.

All I was trying to do was introduce a new way to share your collection that I had read about in Numismatist. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

-Amanda

Amanda I am sorry. I am in a horrible frame of mind today and should not be posting. Take my post for what it is.

Well that's understandable, I guess. smile.gif

No need to apologise, but am I to understand that your new leaf is not permanent then?

And your post is simply an opinion, not constructive criticism, so I guess I'll leave it at that.

All I was trying to do was introduce a new way to share your collection that I had read about in Numismatist. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

-Amanda

Amanda I hope so. This new me sucks really bad. I hate it.

You're the only one who can fix yourself. makepoint.gif

Everything anyone does is their own choice. smile.gif

-Amanda

You're the only one who can fix yourself. makepoint.gif

Everything anyone does is their own choice. smile.gif

-Amanda

You are correct. Its me vs the world right now and its not a pretty site. For anybody who knows me, this is going to come as a shock that I am not the nice guy I normally am.

Oh Jessuus Bruce is Human .... God help us smile.gif

Dude you need to PULL a guitar off the racks and do a rip or two ...

Scream on the fret board, Put a set of headphones in the Off position and scream aloud ...but not here. I think I take slight offense from any of these posts from you on this thread. Friends don't rip the heads off of other friends

( With out proper warning and a couple shots of tequila of course )

Good to bed early and dont post and save face ,

Regards and with Sympathy as we have all been there,

Mike

Oh Jessuus Bruce is Human .... God help us smile.gif

Dude you need to PULL a guitar off the racks and do a rip or two ...

Scream on the fret board, Put a set of headphones in the Off position and scream aloud ...but not here. I think I take slight offense from any of these posts from you on this thread. Friends don't rip the heads off of other friends

( With out proper warning and a couple shots of tequila of course )

Good to bed early and dont post and save face ,

Regards and with Sympathy as we have all been there,

Mike

Mike I am going to do just that. I am taking a posting break to save face.

Amanda, let me first say that I loved your posts ATS! You're a very smart numismatic for being such a young age.

Second, Bruce is really a great guy! I've never heard him talk bad about anyone before. I think it's because his team lost on Sunday night!

Bruce, sorry about your loss, but how bout dem Saints! Even though I won, I'll be glad to pick up that check for the po boy and Barqs that we talked about!

Amanda im new to the board see and read things thay i don't know whats a low relief portrait on a 2006 lincoln cent and how can you tell the difference and do they come in d and s mint marks most of the 2006's i get here in AZ are d's. THANKS