• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cameo

9 posts in this topic

Mike,

You need a good light source as well as a good photo editing software, like Photoshop.

Practice using a combo of lighting, angling and contrast/brightness tweaking with the software to get what you want.

Russ and Shylock, both of whom usually can be found across the street, are great at this. Bustman also is a professional photographer.

EVP

I've been doing the same this week preparing for Baltimore (I want good pics to share with everyone).

So far, this best one in my opinion is this one, a proof Buffalo Dollar in the mint case (but removed from the 2 coin presentation case for the shot) using an Olympus Camedia C-2040ZOOM digital camera and halogen lighting.

Nice shots on the quarter. Biggest thing I've learned is to try and keep away from a direct reflection of light, but don't block the light with the camera... oh, that and turn the flash off for coin pics.