• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In honor of ZAR buying "RESPLANDORES" - Post your Cap & Rays!!!

3 posts in this topic

Wow - nice coins Roman !! thumbsup2.gif

I especially like the middle two - lovely toning !! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I saw the NEWPS of the Caps over the road.

Another beautifully toned coin imo.

Easy to see which direction I'll be heading in once I start buying these.

However, unfortunately, I am at the absolute beginner stage regards Mexican coinage so I'm putting the book before the coin(s). grin.gif

I too collect a few of these though unfortunately I do not have enough money to buy as many as I would like and buy the other series I collect.

Most people collect the 8R because they are big coins and easy to find, relatively, especially in high grade. I am working on a mint state type set of the five denominations but if I actually was going to buy a large number of these, I would try to collect the others before the 8's.

The rarest by far as a denomination is the 4R. It is almost impossible to find these in high grade. I happen to have an 1847 Go-PM NGC MS-61 but would definitely like to have more of these. The next rarest appears to be the "2" followed by the "1" and then the "1/2". The 1861 Mo-CH 2R is the most common coin other than the 8R which makes it appear that 2R are common. This coin is overpriced in my opinion given its relative availability.