• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just who were banned "across the street?"

144 posts in this topic

I started a Bring back Mark Feld and Conder101 thread after I heard Conder101 also got banned. I wasn't trying to get booted just speek my mind......no name calling was involved....at least I didn't feel I was name calling. The thread got the axe, but I didn't get warned or booted.

That's not a bad thing as I want to keep up with what's going on over there and I have never had a problem with PCGS prior to the Banfest!!!

metal was moved on that coin that was the skuttlebutt going around balty from the dealers

Michael - is that the coin that is in the ANR FUN auction?

Maybe someone needs to alert the the coin posse?

metal was moved on that coin that was the skuttlebutt going around balty from the dealers

Michael - is that the coin that is in the ANR FUN auction?

Maybe someone needs to alert the the coin posse?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif...I don't think they play over here 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

i talked to the guy that did it

and i looked at the coin and different from the older cat photos and descriptions

please go back to pcgs and do your nazi love affair with them

Michael, I see no good or fair reason for you (or others) to question Bruce about what HIS coin looks like, or to talk to him as you have in a couple of your posts.

and i looked at the coin and different from the older cat photos and descriptions

Michael, I see no good or fair reason for you (or others) to question Bruce about what HIS coin looks like, or to talk to him as you have in a couple of your posts.
I agree completely with Mark.

Wow, some pretty serious allegations being made here. Unless you are willing to give up your source you really shouldn't be making that statement. Be careful my friend.

yea yea david hall called me a liar and to get off of the boards so did your pet laura also you are in good company

you owe me an apology

I owe *you* an apology? lol!

Desist NOW in publishing unsubstantiated rumors about my coin. I suggest you edit your remarks.

I agree completely with Mark.

I agree with you both. Michael, that was way out of line....Mike

<<<<<i talked to the guy that did it

please go back to pcgs and do your nazi love affair with them >>>>>>

I will not respond to Michael's statement directly except for the "nazi" comment and I must say I am disgusted with the usage of that terminology.

Now lets talk about the Eliasberg 1913 nickel. It is what it is. It is the finest of a bunch of essentially mishandled bunch of 1913 proof nickels. Sure, the grades on all of them could be lowered by 2-3 grades each and it still would not make any difference since the coin is so rare.

Now I have studied the coin for hours on end prior to the Eliasberg sale, then for hours more when Jay Parrino had it, then for a half hour at the Stacks table in Baltimore, this past November.

The coin has not changed at all except for a very mild rinse between the time the coin was sold at Eliasberg and the time Parrino sold the coin.

The coin is exactly the same as it was when it was sold by Parrino. Period. . . .

Anyone who says otherwise is a liar in my eyes as my eyes don't lie.

I am a strong believer that this coin is being talked down to try to hold down the price of the coin at the auction.

Once again, the coin is what it is. Not the most pleasing coin to look at other than that it is one of the greatest coins in US history!

The fact that it was illegally minted makes it all the more interesting!

Best,

Oreville

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, this is a high quality response.

LMAO

Ken

The fact that it was illegally minted makes it all the more interesting!

Anyone who says otherwise is a liar in my eyes as my eyes don't lie.

Best,

Oreville

I don't find it any more interesting because of how it was made. Are you calling me a liar, Oreville? sumo.gif

wink.gif

Michael, Maule, Krypto... I didn't know you guys got booted.

Here's what someone said about me after my posts were deleted and Bill mentioned that I was booted:

<< MIKEKING asked me to inform the forum that he has been banned for reasons unknown to him. >>

Good. The guy was a completel pain in the arse and we and this forum are better off without him.

This is by someone who I never heard of, never interacted with and has 40 posts, wasn't booted for calling me an 'arse'...just makes me suspect. People love to kick you when you're 'down'.

I figured I was going to get the boot after I sent a pointed PM to that Sportsmonitor person. He PM'd me that he would forward it to the powers at be. Oddly I could still log in today so the ax as not fallen.

Be that as it may, whatever talents I have, will no longer be donated to PCGS. hi.gif I strongly dislike censorship, and they now advocate it in spades. makepoint.gif

A lot of people whom I respect have been barred from that forum, and I really don't want support PCGS any more that reason. I've got to buy their coins in holders if they fit in my collection. But I'll never submit another coin to them again.

I didn't get booted......though most thought I would including me....I guess never getting into any trouble in like 6 years allowed me to voice a disenting opinion without getting the axe.....too bad others did not fare as well sorry.gif

mee too!

Why? They did not provide a reason.

Maybe it was my charming personality or, more likely, the fact that I continually noted that PCGS has no meaningful guaranty of authenticity.

PCGS has new "rules" that will zap anyone who is perceived to "bash" it immediately. Simply stated, the bully has taken over the pulpit but the emperor has no clothes!

after reading the posts and also mark felds post and mike in florida

then i stand corrected as it is an unsubstanated/undocmentated rumor and i will not add to it......

i apologize for my comments to bruce and the forums

I have it on good authority that MajorBigTime also got nailed.

Probably for quoting the questionable material. I was wondering about that. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you are going to see someone banned for posting questionable material that the brain surgeon who quotes it and then tries to rub a nose in it will get banned too.

Oh well, he will NOT be missed, except for by Russ tongue.gif

I hate to point it out but I'm going to. It took us all day to notice he was gone...

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!

I wonder if David Hall will still deliver on his promise to "beef up" the so-called PCGS guarantee of authenticity??

I fully expect Mr. Hall will soon deliver. I believe him to be a an honest man of high integrity who will keep his word.

after reading the posts and also mark felds post and mike in florida

then i stand corrected as it is an unsubstanated/undocmentated rumor and i will not add to it......

i apologize for my comments to bruce and the forums

893applaud-thumb.gif

Michael, Maule, Krypto... I didn't know you guys got booted.

Here's what someone said about me after my posts were deleted and Bill mentioned that I was booted:

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<< MIKEKING asked me to inform the forum that he has been banned for reasons unknown to him. >>

Good. The guy was a completel pain in the arse and we and this forum are better off without him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is by someone who I never heard of, never interacted with and has 40 posts, wasn't booted for calling me an 'arse'...just makes me suspect. People love to kick you when you're 'down'.

Hey Mike--you know its funny you say that....I sent a PM to SM1 and told him that I was doing this via PM as per his rules---I then sent him a quote from one of his "Forum buddies"--you know--one of the circle.... and in the quote he clearly insults another board member then curses............guess what my reply was from SM1....

He tells me to get real and I can't expect him to read every post........ Christo_pull_hair.gif

Funny how it looks like he read every other post based on how many people got bammed over there.

I wonder if David Hall will still deliver on his promise to "beef up" the so-called PCGS guarantee of authenticity??

Are you kidding? With both of us gone?

Are you kidding? With both of us gone?

I'm not sure about that. David actually promised Julian, and Julian assured me that David would honor his promise.

I fully expect that David is a man of his word!

I have it on good authority that MajorBigTime also got nailed.

Probably for quoting the questionable material. I was wondering about that. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you are going to see someone banned for posting questionable material that the brain surgeon who quotes it and then tries to rub a nose in it will get banned too.

Did it ever occur to you that it may have been intentional? I refuse to participate in such an oppressive environment as a matter of principle.

I'm not sure about that. David actually promised Julian, and Julian assured me that David would honor his promise.

David never promised anything. Those are your words not his.

He said he would "do it" but never said just what he would do. I don't read that as a promise.

I think he did what he was going to do the last few days. grin.gif

Don't look for any change.

David never promised anything. Those are your words not his.

WRONG!

The following is a direct quote from a post by Julian that includes a direct quote from David :

[Julian]

I emailed the thread to David Hall and Ron Guth and suggested that they beef up their written guarantee.

David just emailed me back

Thanks Julian…we’ll do it…

Julian is an Icon in the Numismatic community, wildly know for his honesty and integrity!

I also have private (PM) correspondence assuring me that David "will deliver" on his promise.

It doesn't get any better than that!~

This whole banning thing really irks me. They own the site, so they can set the rules..it's just that the rules go against dissent, freedom of expression, etc. NGC will benefit greatly in the long run..posts from all the folks banned will allow me to further my education in numismatics,,,scr