• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Radical moves at PCGS !!

4 posts in this topic

I was banned from PCGS for making a comment about the Open Forum when it closed down. I had read an Ebay book which mentioned that a key success for Ebay were the message boards ( or the 'community' as it was called in the book ).

I can easily see why message boards are very popular and so would encourage more people to 'hang out' and chat about coins.

Myself, well, I am only a small time collector. Since joining I have only send one package of coins to get graded at NGC ( I have the next package almost ready though ) but it is the message boards which keep me coming back.

These boards also allow knowledgable posters to inform the less knowledgable. I know that I have a few coins in my collection that I bought from the threads ( ie Buy/sell Darkside thread on PCGS cool.gif ) and I have sold a few coins through the threads as well.

Anyhow - long ramble short - PCGS was considering closing down their message boards. They eventually decided not to but they have put a stringent code of ethics in place. Anyone that does not follow these rules will be banned without warning ( Hey - I know what that feels like ).

IMO If they were to close the message boards that would be a major mistake. I am glad that I do not hold PCGS stock. A few great contributors and dealers are already leaving the message boards.

Bodes well for NGC imo.

sign-rantpost.gif

As more of the veteran Darkside collectors come over here to "Darkside Part Deux" cool.gif, I will spend even less time across the street.

The new "don't talk bad about us" edict over there by the powers-that-be is just plain silly. screwy.gif