• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Going through a rough time but I still have the RIP factor!!!

24 posts in this topic

So it's no secret that I am going through a divorce and that all of my coins are being sold by Heritage in the upcoming FUN show......

But that doesn't mean I am dead and I wanted to start slowly acquiring a few Cheap toners just to keep the juices flowing....you know stay in the game

cool.gif

It's going to take me some time to get back to where I have been over the past few years but I hope that staying involved in the hobby to a limited degree right now might help me keep my mind off of the heartbreak. So after unsuccessfully scouring Ebay for almost a week looking for a little something with color.......I stumbled upon this purdy little Frankie on Northeast's site and snatched it right up. yay.gif

There a lot of color on this coin for $45 bucks and I always appreciated that classic Mint set toning on a Frankie 893applaud-thumb.gif

PCGS MS65

21403546o.jpg

21403546r.jpg

So it's no secret that I am going through a divorce and that all of my coins are being sold

I've been through the same ordeal a few years ago. Just to let you know, there is life after it's all over and it's better. Good luck to you, take your time....you'll get it all back in spades. smile.gif

Sorry to hear of your personal situation. Always hate to see a wonderful collection split up for those reasons.

Nice Frankie. thumbsup2.gif

Wait a minute, did I just say that? 893whatthe.gifwink.gif

Like TavernTreasures said: champaigne tastes and beer pocket money. Sounded like me when he said it. I like the reverse on that Franklin: green and red - Christmas colors smile.gif

How're those lincoln cents coming along, by the way?

I am suprised you haven't gotten them yet 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I couldn't find any more of the missing dates in storage which was kind of suprising but.....I am sure you will be happy with the rest thumbsup2.gif

I'm certain that I will. grin.gif My Post Office is weird around here. They once took almost 2 weeks to mail a first class package 250 miles to the state next to us. That was pretty frustrating when the guy asked me 9 days later if I'd ever mailed it, and I was assuring him I had, while wondering if the post office had lost it and I'd have to refund the fellow. frown.gif

This coin is a real winner in hand.....my digital camera is down so I tried to image the coin using a cheapo digital camera my wife has.....Obviously not my normal quality but this sucker has glow in the dark red around the periphery that wasn't visable on northeast's image so....here are a few shots to give you an idea of what it looks like in hand. thumbsup2.gif

FranklinRev.jpg

FranklinRev3.jpg

FranklinRev6.jpg

Welcome back to real coin collecting Shane! NICE COIN!

he's got a point!

You scored real well with that Frankie. Real bang for the buck = real coin collecting!

Sorry to hear about your divorce.

-Mike

My divorce is/has been no secret either. The good news in my case is that my wife was totally disinterested in coins and the like and I don't think she even knew I had a collection sitting dormant in a cabinet for those years. By the time I pulled it out it had appreciated to the point where I needed a safe deposit box. Now that she's gone (my attorney tells me that when she finally signs the papers the divorce date will be Oct 19, 2006) I've gotten active again. Just focus on what you have, not what you've lost.

Would it be appropriate do post your coins for sale here so that sympathetic forum members might give them extra scrutiny? I know that if I was undecided about a coin and knew it was a fellow forum member going thru a divorce that would push me over the edge.

Good luck and happy holidays,

Jerry

I sold quite a few to forum members a few months back when all of this blindsided me the first time......it was amazing the show of support hail.gif

For the current ones' (My prized posessions) there is a thread in the B/S/T with my FUN show consignments so if any one is looking for a pretty coin...you might find something you like. Please don't feel obligated in any way to bid...if you just want to look at some color...have a peek. shy.gif

Your words about focusing on what you have and not what you don't is very appropriate here. I don't have my soul mate or my coins....but I do have two wonderful kids who need their father. When times get tough and I can't find the strength to go on.....I lean on them and it get's me through to the next day. frown.gif

Sometimes just getting a kind word from some of my forum friends brings a smile to my normal dreary day...........it's all about one day at a time for me and I know eventual the pain will start to subside and I will begin to move on with my life. The collecting gets my mind off of my problems and shows me that just as I will start over again in life....my collecting can be reborn as well.....I am having to start that over from the beginning as well..........but when life hands you lemons.....we make lemonade right? flowerred.gif

....but I do have two wonderful kids who need their father. When times get tough and I can't find the strength to go on.....I lean on them and it get's me through to the next day. frown.gif

I am very sorry for your divorce and your rough times, but I am very glad that you have your kids and that your kids have their dad. smile.gif

-Amanda

Your words about focusing on what you have and not what you don't is very appropriate here. I don't have my soul mate or my coins....but I do have two wonderful kids who need their father. When times get tough and I can't find the strength to go on.....I lean on them and it get's me through to the next day. frown.gif

Your response brought tears to my eyes. I have custody now but when we had shared custody, we were exchanging every other day. No matter how bad my day had been it all melted away without another thought when I saw them running toward me with their arms open. Hang in there and I'll be checking the BST board for your coins. Still wiping my eyes because I feel I've been there with you, --Jerry

Shane, I hope all of your hopes and dreams will come true for years to come.

Best wishes for the holiday season.

Chris

PS. When we get together at FUN, we'll have to go to Backstreet Billiards and shoot some pool and drink some beer. Who knows, you might even win a game.

PS. When we get together at FUN, we'll have to go to Backstreet Billiards and shoot some pool and drink some beer. Who knows, you might even win a game.

I doubt it....but your on for the beer and pool thumbsup2.gif