• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why did the FatMan cross the street?...First NGC forum post.

39 posts in this topic

That 1839-D half eagle is stupendous! I hope to see you and the other newer members make contributions to the boards that I know you are capable of doing. thumbsup2.gif

That 1839-D half eagle is stupendous! I hope to see you and the other newer members make contributions to the boards that I know you are capable of doing. thumbsup2.gif
Tom,

Thanks for the kind words. The 39-D half eagle is from the Green Pond Collection and is arguably the finest known for this single year type, although it is listed as number two in Doug Winter's condition census. The owner of the number one in the condition census acquired this coin and took several months to decide which he would keep. He told me he wavered back and forth depending on which way the wind was blowing. I was only in a position to obtain sloppy seconds wink.gif to the one he selected. This coin has unusually nice luster for the date, whereas the other is a deep crusty beauty. I have been fortunate to closely inspect both and would love to own either one.

Fat Man----Welcome!!! Have read many, many of your posts from across the street. I do hope that you will like it here and leave us with a lot of your wisdom. Just love the gold coins. Can't look at them too long though. Might start me on gold again----OH MY!! Glad to have you here. Bob [supertooth]