• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

to grade or not to grade??what you all think??

to grade or not to grade??  

45 members have voted

1. 1. to grade or not to grade??

11 posts in this topic

got these the other day for 8.00 893scratchchin-thumb.gif now should I get them graded or na? I know the dime has a spot on it that I don't like but would like all your thoughts thanks.

don't mind the marks on the mint case and some dust ect..

9e42a252.jpgIMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0834.jpgIMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0835.jpgIMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0836.jpgIMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0838.jpgIMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0837.jpgIMG_0840.jpg

you did well at $8.00 but I would not grade them. Leave them as is smile.gif

I'd agree with Bruce... for sure your quarter, dime and nickel would only cameo, not dcam, due to their reverses, so you'd basically be p#ssing your money away on them... and unless the Ike and Kennedy were pr69dcam you'd have thrown your money away on them too.

They look like very worthy coins to me, but it's hard to imagine you recouping your costs after certification. On the other hand, if you just want them well-protected, then go for it!

By the day, GREAT images.

They look like very worthy coins to me, but it's hard to imagine you recouping your costs after certification. On the other hand, if you just want them well-protected, then go for it!

Actually, having them certified (and slabbed) gets that dust off the coin surfaces, so they actually present better. I have a whole pile of proof sets like this one and many have *spoon* in the mint packaging. Of course, on the other hand, we have all seen fingerprints magically appear when they get exposed to air... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gif

Actually, having them certified (and slabbed) gets that dust of the coin surfaces, so they actually present better. I have a whole pile of proof sets like this one and many have *spoon* in the mint packaging. Of course, on the other hand, we have all seen fingerprints magically appear when they get exposed to air... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gif

BTW: is spelling C*R*A*P such a bad word that it earns a Spoon? hi.gif

thanks for comments guys just wanted to get general idea, I will not be getting them done as were my thoughts before I asked. I was just was wondering all your thoughts thanks again! thumbsup2.gif

BTW: is spelling C*R*A*P such a bad word that it earns a Spoon? hi.gif

He!! no!

Chris

PS. I agree with everyone else. It would be a waste of money having them graded when you can buy them already slabbed for less. Since grading them would just be a cr@p shoot of expectations, you could guarantee the results by buying them. Just be sure you buy the coin, not the plastic. Another consideration would be to try and find the individual coins all graded the same by NGC. Then, if you wanted, you could submit them for reholdering in the multi-coin holder. (I think!)

Chris