• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gotta love PCGS

80 posts in this topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PCGS

First, here are some things you should know which paint me in a bad light:

1) It was only yesterday when I said "For reasons I am not at liberty to divulge, this will be my last post here for 2006, if not longer", so you can't believe everything you hear from me.

2) I was previously warned by PCGS - this is not a quote - that as a PCGS dealer who was allowed to post on this forum (in effect, getting free advertising and the opportunity to do business with forum members, etc.) I was not to be overly critical of PCGS. I had admittedly pushed the envelope by starting threads on the "first strike" issue in which I was critical of PCGS and asked them to answer questions and provide some explanations, etc. At that time, I was also told not to post for a certain time period and to say nothing regarding what I was told or why I wasn't posting. I honored that request. That was the reason for my previous brief absence and mysterious silence some time ago.

3) I was told yesterday not to post here again until at least the FUN show, that I needed to talk to someone at PCGS first and not to say anything about it. So, I am admittedly ignoring, or, if you will, defying that order.

In case I have any credibility left, here is the rest of the story.......

I have been accused by one or more persons at PCGS of "bashing PCGS" in a recent thread or threads on the "first strike" issue. The thread or threads, incidentally, have been pulled by PCGS, so I don't have access to my comments. It is my recollection, however, that rather than "bashing PCGS", I was engaging in polite discussion and debate with other forum members regarding the "first strike" issue and some of the possible legal arguments that could be put forth in the pending lawsuits. I did not start the thread(s), I did not use the "F" word, and, if my memory serves me correctly, I did not say PCGS or NGC had necessarily done anything wrong. I do not believe for a moment, that in the eyes of any non-biased person who is not overly sensitive on the subject, I "bashed PCGS". Nor was it my intention to do so.

If PCGS cares to, I welcome them to show me and the forum where I "bashed PCGS" - all I ask is that they show my entire, unedited remarks. In fact, in a non-polite fashion, I have challenged someone at PCGS to back up their accusations.

PCGS obviously has the right to ban me, temporarily or permanently, if they choose to. I believe, however, that it is unfair to me and to other forum members, for them to tell me not to post, while hiding behind my silence and theirs, creating unnecessary speculation and/or concern, or the thought that I was playing games. Let them go on record, stating specifically why they are banning me - at least that might help prevent others from breaking the rules.

In case I am not allowed to post anymore (and, at this point, I won't, without their express permission), it's been my sincere pleasure to have participated here for the past four years. And that is a large understatement. I have made many friends and enjoyed myself greatly. Thanks to each of you and PCGS for that.

If anyone here ever has any questions I might be able to answer or needs any help that I might be able to provide, please feel free to contact me - I have a lot of pals here that I don't do any business with.

Sometimes we need to stand up and speak out on principle, and be willing to accept the consequences. I am willing to do that.

Sincerely,

Mark Feld

Sounds like a GUTH intervention - I lost all respect for PCSG when he "interupted" another Intelligent debate threatening to BAN People here and there for voicing there opinions ..

In the voice of the season ... BAAAAHHHH HUMBUG smile.gif

In the spirit of all Mark believes in:

"I'll withhold judgement until we read both sides of the story."

And just where are you planning on getting the other side of the story? insane.gif

In the spirit of all Mark believes in:

"I'll withhold judgement until we read both sides of the story."

And just where are you planning on getting the other side of the story? insane.gif

Looks like you'll be waiting a long time!

My head is spinning right now. I'd have never guessed that PCGS is the type of company that would try to silence the people who have complaints/issues rather than addressing them. 893whatthe.gif

I hope he isn't banned as I had some coins in PCGS slabs that I wanted him to ask the forum members their opinions on. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The last line of PCGSSucks.com is an endorsement of NGC!

Until this site is up and running, please feel free to join everyone over at the NGC Forums where the NGC management listens to their customers, treats them right, and actually wants to hear about problems so they can take care of them. You know, the exact opposite of PCG$.

Thanks for posting this, TW. I had seen last night that Mark edited his last post to include the statement that he would be missing for an undetermined period of time, but he did not state why.

I have a great deal of respect for Mark Feld and, like everyone across the street, hope to see CoinGuy1 there again.

While the initial "transgression" was mild at worst probably, it should be remembered that it occurred before a lawsuit which could elevate the severity of the initial percieved infraction and certainly raises the importance of any new incidents. Blaming a single party for the deletion of the thread or his banning is patently unfair.

Thanks for posting this, TW. I had seen last night that Mark edited his last post to include the statement that he would be missing for an undetermined period of time, but he did not state why.

no problem......news of the treatment of the great feldini is sweeping the land.

Sure there are some who will say PCGS owns the site, etc....but they miss the point. This is unlike most other businesses and many people who frequent the forum are regualar submitters to PCGS. Perhaps seeing how people get treated when they shine some light, they will take business elsewhere.

I have to give NGC and Collectors Society credit... during the debate over the First Strike designation and other criticisms they did not threaten anyone nor have they been heavy handed and removed posts. I think there was one that was clearly inappropriate, but they are very tolerant of criticism, as long as you are polite about it.

Scott hi.gif

Hi & welcome, Clad. hi.gif Maybe you're the first of many. yay.gif I'm sure that Mark will join us shortly . . . even if it's just to continue his discussion with Greg. devil.gif

Edited to add: I've obtained a copy of the complaint in Thomas Francisco v. Collectors Universe, Inc. d/b/a PCGS. Is there any way to post it other than to scan and attach as a jpeg?