• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1835 B-2 MS 64 Capped Bust Quarter Dollar

3 posts in this topic

I am new to NGC and recently submitted 12 coins for grading. Of the first two completed, one is an 1835 B-2 MS 64 Capped Bust Quarter Dollar. According to the Registry of the 7 like coins graded this is the highest since a 58. What is the best way to determine what it is that I really have in my possession here. One of many coins passed down from my father.

Thanks,

I take it you are waiting to get the coins back (There are no ms-64's yet for a B-2, unless you did not use the variety plus service). You never know what grade you will get until you do get it back, so you may or may not get an MS-64.

As far as what you have value wise, you can do research at https://coins.heritageauctions.com/

Do seaches for similar coins to see what they are pulling at auction.

Welcome to the board!

Thank you for your reply. I did use the variety plus service and spoke on the phone with a NGC representative who helped me confirm what I had and what they had graded showing me that there were no previous MS-64 B-2s. I will check out the site you mentioned.

Again, thank you for your assistance.