• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Santa Clara Battle Creek purchase

5 posts in this topic

Going to Santa Clara I was hoping to pick up a WOWSER Frankie or two, but the pickings were p#ss poor. I got a nice but not spectacular '54-P in 65FBL, sold a couple cameo Frankies, and still had some change left over in what I budgeted for the show. As we all know, walking around a show with extra cash burning a hole in the pocket is dangerous.

This is BC 2 lot 1264. I liked it when I first saw it before the BC 2 sale, so it was nice to be able to get it now. As far as the image goes, while it is quite good for the colors, it both hides some faults of the coin, and doesn't display some of the good stuff. The coin is a MS63* and as such does have some light scratches on the face. One, on the cheek, is toned over, but there is a fine raw scratch just below the eye. Neither scratch shows in the image. On the flip side, the face and hair, up to about the "Liberty band", are totally covered with a textile pattern, the dots being the same greenish blue toning of the face, but somewhat darker. Obviously the textile doesn't show in the image, either. There was one other BC coin (BC 1, lot 1326) that I was going back and forth over whether to get that one or this one (1326 had a better pattern, but not as nice toning), but this coin won out in the end... the colors and textile just really floated my boat.

1264_63_489_1950Shrink.jpg