• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BETTER/MORE IMAGES!!! -> 1927 SLQ, MS-64 FH (NGC), but well above average

7 posts in this topic

This coin, unlike the usual case, has a better obverse than reverse. In fact, the obverse is probably very close to MS-66, but is a no-question MS-65. The reverse has two micro hairlines in the right field that are the only thing that limits the grade. Strike is well above average, with a very strong (not quite full) shield that displays all the bosses, and most of the inner shield detail. Gorgeous full head detail. Breast feathers on the eagle are plainly visible. 95% white, with a touch of champagne toning overall, darkening slightly more at the rims.

Interpolated GreySheet is about $310, Trends is $600 for average FH coins, but I need $525 delivered for this above-average example.

j192735w.jpg

edited to add: In this different lighting angle, you can see the two tiny hairlines in the lower right reverse field, just left of stars 9 and 10.

1927-3.jpg1927-4.jpg

That's tempting smile.gif
Even more so if the price remained the same and there was a teenie-weenie little "S" right above and slightly to the left of the 1 in the date.

flowerred.gif

Even more so if the price remained the same and there was a teenie-weenie little "S" right above and slightly to the left of the 1 in the date.

flowerred.gif

For an extra ten bucks, I can at least write one on the slab with a Sharpie 27_laughing.gif!

I forgot to mention that this coin has a 30 day return policy as well, which is my standard return policy for all direct sales.

flowerred.gif

For an extra ten bucks, I can at least write one on the slab with a Sharpie 27_laughing.gif!

I forgot to mention that this coin has a 30 day return policy as well, which is my standard return policy for all direct sales.

Excellent!!

(Anyone know the turnaround time for PCGS on cross-overs? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) crazy.gifgossip.gif

Excellent!!

(Anyone know the turnaround time for PCGS on cross-overs? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) crazy.gifgossip.gif

No, but I guarantee that this coin will cross to NTC or ACG, or double your postage back!