• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How have the NGC CC dollar slabs been accepted into the market?

7 posts in this topic

I don't follow Morgan's too closely. Have the NGC "slabbed" CC Morgans in the original issue boxes been accepted well?

Still too early to tell?

Just curious.

From the GSA Collectors I have talked to this has been accepted real well. I haven't talked to any dealers on this so I have no idea where they stand.

I don't "do anything" with GSA Morgans, but I do keep seeing more and more of them around. It's still a tiny amount of them, but they are starting to show up in dealer cases.

Greg, that's exactly why I was asking the question, I've started to see the graded coins in the GSA holders at dealer's tables at the shows I attend. Not an overwhelming amount, but enough to figure there is some acceptance. I was trying to figure out if it was the same everywhere, or just up in my neck of the woods.

Personally, I love the idea, I just don't collect them.

Anyone else?

I collect them and see them at dealer's shops and at the shows. They are also being advertised quite often in the print mags. If it was not showing signs of success I don't think NGC would have come out with the brown box Ike grading.

Sorry, I dont know but they sure do look cool and difficult to win them on ebay as others like them too. I would bet lunch if two ngc gsa of same issue and quality went on auction with one regular slab with GSA indicated on label versus left in gsa plastic with ngc graded, the one in the GSA plastic would go higher.

I was talking to a dealer at the Colorado Springs show yesterday and he said that he was getting a 10% to 15% mark-up on GSA graded coins as opposed to CC's in regular slabs. Glad I picked this one up a few weeks ago.

210090-cc1o.jpg.a2502d99eec9f667e82e09bcdff69310.jpg