• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Texas Coin and Currency Set and others for sale on eBay

8 posts in this topic

2001-D China Panda, 1 ounce 10 Yuan, NGC MS69

Scott, do the domestic versions bring significant premiums? I'm going to Shenyang, China in 3 weeks. I may see if there's a coin shop and pick up a set if I can.

What dates bring significant premiums?

Thanks for any helpful knowledge.

Victor

For some reason, there seems to be a lot of 2001-D Panda's floating around the US. The premium is a minimum. Others will carry a 5-10% premium for others. Sometimes, you can get 50% more on eBay!

The Chinese Mint uses the same images for all coins but adds D for domestic and P for proof. Proofs carry a heavy premium, almost 100%! I have seen silver Pandas go for $35 and proofs sell for $85+!

However, getting them out of the country will be a problem. I know Chinese nationals who live in the US hqd the coins confiscated by Chinese officials before leaving the country. The Chinese government is not very forgiving in this regard. If you try, be careful!!

Scott hi.gif

I know Chinese nationals who live in the US hqd the coins confiscated by Chinese officials before leaving the country. The Chinese government is not very forgiving in this regard.

Really! Man, that bites. Thanks for the heads up. Do you know why they confiscated the coins?

I know Chinese nationals who live in the US hqd the coins confiscated by Chinese officials before leaving the country. The Chinese government is not very forgiving in this regard.

Really! Man, that bites. Thanks for the heads up. Do you know why they confiscated the coins?

You could mail them to yourself from China....

I do not know why the Chineese government does this at the border. I know the domestic Pandas are less expensive than those minted for export. I know that the People's Bank likes to really control the price and maximize their profits. They know the panda designs are very popular and are taking advantage. Remember, China is not an open market society.

As Chad said, you can mail them from China, but not in bulk.

I should add a caveat... this conversation only applies to the domestic Pandas. You can purchase other Pandas and take them out of the country without issue... except at the US border where if you cannot prove they are for personal use, you will have to pay taxes!

Scott hi.gif

Just over seven hours to go! bumpit.gif

Texas Coin and Currency Set (low serial number)... sold out in 2 hours from BEP!

2001-D China Silver 10 Yuan Panda NGC MS 69

1972 Type 3 Eisenhower Ike Dollar PCGS MS64--a must to complete your registry set!

1889 Morgan Dollar ANACS MS62 beautiful coin!

2005-S PROOF Roosevelt Dime

New York City Subway Token 1970-1986

Harry S Truman token

Auctions end at 9:30pm EST tonight!

Bid Early! Bid Often!

Scott hi.gif