• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you guys think of...

4 posts in this topic

Comics!? CGC graded comics,Anyone ever take a look over into the CGC section to see what's goin on? Anyone ever think about starting to collect/invest? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I still have a few comics which I have retained over the years. I still have #1 of "New Gods". I had six to seven hundred DC and Marvel comics when I was a kid in the '70's. I had alot of issues from the fifties and sixties, too, but most of them I had bought in the seventies. Most were Superman. When I was 16, I went to sell them and got ripped off big-time! The dude said that he'd charge 15 cents an issue to appraise them, regardless if I sold them to him or not. He then offered me $35 for the lot without even appraising them. The ......... I'm still mad about it and it happened 21 years ago. If I had any sense at the time then I would have told him that I was a minor and neither a verbal nor a written agreement meant squat!

So...............since I got burned, I've never gotten back into comics. However, if I see a #1 issue for sale at the store, I'll buy it. I probably have about 50 comics in storage somewhere but I've never had any graded before.

Rin Tin Tin 1956, Rin Tin Tin and Rusty 1957 are the only two comics I have. I imagine I could find more of the same and others on ebay. But only after I spend much more time and learn the ins and outs of the series, otherwise I wouldn't be able to tell which issues were more valueable then others. It would be an altogether

different kind of animal collecting comics compared to coins. But the basics of collecting probably wouldn't change too much.

Regards, Leo