• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I a coin doctor?

146 posts in this topic

Greg, you are the one making assumptions. I did not assume or state that you owned the two coins, though I did consider the possibility.

My question was "Greg, so was that you bidding on a coin of yours that someone else was selling for you on Ebay?".That question was comprised of two different questions: 1) Were you bidding on the coin?; 2) Was the coin yours and being sold by someone else.

I don't know you to be a liar, so will admittedly make an assumption, now, that you chose to "skirt" my question because the answer was yes.

5004_o.jpg

DSCN7341.JPG

DSCN7343.JPG

I think they'll both clean up really nice once the mirrors are relieved of their dirt and grime. I'll let you know how it turns out. Maybe you can start a thread on them asking for opinions. thumbsup2.gif

Please post some pics.,I would love to see them. thumbsup2.gif

I won't speak for James, but perhaps he felt you weren't legitimately interested in the coins and ignored you? I know I get a lot of questions on coins I'm selling and if I feel the person is a tire kicker or busybody (most PCGS forum members that post to the Mark Feld vendetta threads) then I'd ignore you too. I'm not saying this is the case, but it's a possibility.

When I sold a (lovely tissue paper toned) blue 2c a few months ago I got a lot of questions from PCGS forum members. I maybe answered 2-3, ignored a dozen plus, and added a few bidders to my blocked bidder list. smile.gif

I asked James my question here by private message (with the emphasis on private) -- not through eBay -- because I was legitimately interested in learning about the toning on two coins. I can't learn if I don't ask; but, by the same token, I certainly understand that James has no obligation to educate me.

5004_o.jpg

DSCN7341.JPG

DSCN7343.JPG

I think they'll both clean up really nice once the mirrors are relieved of their dirt and grime. I'll let you know how it turns out. Maybe you can start a thread on them asking for opinions. thumbsup2.gif

They look great just the way they are! cloud9.gif

-Amanda

5004_o.jpg

DSCN7341.JPG

DSCN7343.JPG

They look great just the way they are! cloud9.gif

-Amanda

Different Strokes thumbsup2.gif

Greg, you are the one making assumptions. I did not assume or state that you owned the two coins, though I did consider the possibility.

My question was "Greg, so was that you bidding on a coin of yours that someone else was selling for you on Ebay?".That question was comprised of two different questions: 1) Were you bidding on the coin?; 2) Was the coin yours and being sold by someone else.

I don't know you to be a liar, so will admittedly make an assumption, now, that you chose to "skirt" my question because the answer was yes.

The sadest part is bringing down a fellow collector/friend's reputation in the associated transaction. frown.gif

TRUTH

Come on Mark. I have too much respect for you to believe that for one second. And remember, this isn't the PCGS forums. The level of intelligence over here is just a bit higher so that's rather insulting to the members here.

I believe you clearly believed the coins were mine. Some points to consider:

• You posted the thread ATS because your coward sent you the link.
  • This same coward has sent you numerous threads all traced back to me.
  • Based on the above, if you possess common sense - and I believe you clearly do, you had strong reason to believe the coward sent you the links because they believed the coins were linked to me.
  • After you posted the thread, I asked why you didn't contact me or the seller if you wanted an opinion on the coins, and you stated you "had no reason to ask you about the coins I linked - they looked very obvious to me". Clearly you weren't soliciting opinions as your thread title suggested. The thread title was an outright lie. You were pushing the vendetta.

You don't have to admit it, but I think it is clear to everyone that you believed the coins were mine. I absolutely know you didn't have any proof, but you believed they were mine. That's fine.

If you've got proof I shilled the coin, post it. You should remember this from your legal days, you are making the accusation against me. It's up to you to prove my guilt, not me to prove my innocence. You can believe whatever you want, but don't assume that just because I'm not going to post denials to every little thing you throw at me that you are correct. It'd be very easy for me to deny lots of things and move on. I'm not going to as I'm not going to be on the defensive because of some people making baseless accusations. I'll be on the offensive and that won't be pleasant for many people.

You're entitled to your opinion or to repeat the opinion of the cowardly puppet master behind you.

I will now make the following assumptions:

• The only reason you are pushing this vendetta is because I sold you some blue copper and you are embarrassed that you did not know that blue copper was the result of cleaning even though I told you this at Long Beach.
  • A professional coin dealer and an ex-professional graded not knowing something that most typical junk box dealers know has to be very embarrassing.
  • Posting many of those coins on the PCGS forums and getting oohs and aahs from the members, then having to admit that you didn't know what so many knew must be humbling and you want to strike out at the person responsible. Wrongly you think that person is me and not you.
  • Clearly this has harmed your ego which I believe hurts you very personally.
  • I will assume that you will not stop posting the blue copper threads ATS because you know that I cannot respond there. Very cowardly.
  • I will assume you will still point out coins you think are related to me, but not to other sellers because this is a personal vendetta.

Even with all the above, it's OK, I still like you!

I'll even make it easy for you and the coward. All copper that I clean that turns blue, I'll email you before and after pictures and links to my auctions. You can start a thread! If you'd like the same pictures for the ones that don't turn blue or that turn fugly pink, let me know. Same for non-copper coins. Copper coins are a TINY fraction of my curation habits. You can promote them on the PCGS forums all you like. If a PCGS forum member wins the auction, I'll even give you a cut for your marketing work. thumbsup2.gif

Come on Mark. I have too much respect for you to believe that for one second. And remember, this isn't the PCGS forums. The level of intelligence over here is just a bit higher so that's rather insulting to the members here.

• Based on the above, if you possess common sense - and I believe you clearly do, you had strong reason to believe the coward sent you the links because they believed the coins were linked to me.
  • After you posted the thread, I asked why you didn't contact me or the seller if you wanted an opinion on the coins, and you stated you "had no reason to ask you about the coins I linked - they looked very obvious to me". Clearly you weren't soliciting opinions as your thread title suggested. The thread title was an outright lie. You were pushing the vendetta.

You don't have to admit it, but I think it is clear to everyone that you believed the coins were mine. I absolutely know you didn't have any proof, but you believed they were mine. That's fine.

If you've got proof I shilled the coin, post it. You should remember this from your legal days, you are making the accusation against me. It's up to you to prove my guilt, not me to prove my innocence. You can believe whatever you want, but don't assume that just because I'm not going to post denials to every little thing you throw at me that you are correct. It'd be very easy for me to deny lots of things and move on. I'm not going to as I'm not going to be on the defensive because of some people making baseless accusations. I'll be on the offensive and that won't be pleasant for many people.

You're entitled to your opinion or to repeat the opinion of the cowardly puppet master behind you.

• The only reason you are pushing this vendetta is because I sold you some blue copper and you are embarrassed that you did not know that blue copper was the result of cleaning even though I told you this at Long Beach.
  • A professional coin dealer and an ex-professional graded not knowing something that most typical junk box dealers know has to be very embarrassing.
  • Posting many of those coins on the PCGS forums and getting oohs and aahs from the members, then having to admit that you didn't know what so many knew must be humbling and you want to strike out at the person responsible. Wrongly you think that person is me and not you.
  • I will assume that you will not stop posting the blue copper threads ATS because you know that I cannot respond there. Very cowardly.
  • I will assume you will still point out coins you think are related to me, but not to other sellers because this is a personal vendetta.

I'll even make it easy for you and the coward. All copper that I clean that turns blue, I'll email you before and after pictures and links to my auctions. You can start a thread! If you'd like the same pictures for the ones that don't turn blue or that turn fugly pink, let me know. Same for non-copper coins. Copper coins are a TINY fraction of my curation habits. You can promote them on the PCGS forums all you like. If a PCGS forum member wins the auction, I'll even give you a cut for your marketing work. thumbsup2.gif

Wow, an A+ for grammar and sentence structure. This post is a keeper. I think I'll send a copy to David Hall. thumbsup2.gif

TRUTH

I seems to me that Mark has taken the high road on the entire situation. In my eyes some others have not.

This speaks volumes to character and that's what people remember.

I seems to me that Mark has taken the high road on the entire situation. In my eyes some others have not.

If you consider the high road to come from ATS to post an accusation, then I'm not sure what it'd take get on the low road. People I know on the high road don't take shots at others and ask them to prove their innocence. Sorry, but that's how I feel.

. . .to come from ATS to post . . .

What the heck is ATS?

On another subject - it does seem that this thread got hi-jacked by gmarguli, truthteller and coinguy - the topic for discussion is whether Dr. Hoot is a doctor!

I think we all need to get some Deller's darkener and a brown paper bag and do a few experiments - that stuff might even help cure the blues blush.gif though I think coin care would work even better wink.gif

If you consider the high road to come from ATS to post an accusation, then I'm not sure what it'd take get on the low road. People I know on the high road don't take shots at others and ask them to prove their innocence. Sorry, but that's how I feel.

I love how they come over and pull their *spoon* and You get blamed for it 27_laughing.gif...

27_laughing.gif

I remember something about a check and some charity 893scratchchin-thumb.gifThis speaks volumes to character and that's what people remember . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's soo funny,,,if there had been ANY Character or Integrity displayed ,Greg is the one who has displayed it....The truth and the whole truth is apparently not about blue Indians but about black and blue egos.

I guess the emperor Has no clothes 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Greg, I didn't ask you to prove anything, much less your innocence. I asked you a question and, not surprisingly, you hit me with some shots, BUT never answered it. To me, that was the same as admitting it.

Edited to add: By the way, no one asked me to post any of the threads I have started on AT/artificially colored copper.

In order to get back on topic - based upon his (apparent) motives and intentions, no, Hoot is not a coin doctor, at least not in the negative sense of trying to deceive others and profit by his actions.

Greg, I didn't ask you to prove anything, much less your innocence. I asked you a question and, not surprisingly, you hit me with some shots, BUT never answered it. To me, that was the same as admitting it.

Edited to add: By the way, no one asked me to post any of the threads I have started on AT/artificially colored copper.

In order to get back on topic - based upon his (apparent) motives and intentions, no, Hoot is not a coin doctor, at least not in the negative sense of trying to deceive others and profit by his actions.

Mark, I guess we'll just have to disagree on this. I feel that those who make accusations should have to prove them, not those being accused, and you feel the opposite.

As for being on topic, yes, Hoot is a coin doctor. He moved metal, changed the color, and completely altered the appearance of the coin. If that doesn't fit the definition of coin doctor, then the term shouldn't exist.

Soo much for Hoot's Thread...

Hoot instigated this whole mess. He is a coin doctor AND a pot stirrer. laugh.gif

Hoot Must Die™

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

I think we all need to get some Deller's darkener and a brown paper bag and do a few experiments - that stuff might even help cure the blues blush.gif though I think coin care would work even better wink.gif

acclaim.gif

Hoot Must Die™

grin.gif

And, as with all doctors, sometimes they loose a patient. Hoot killed mine. Murderer! 893whatthe.gif

yay.gifangel.gifyay.gifangel.gifyay.gif

May the banana angel haunt you, Hoot! 27_laughing.gif

Hoot Must Die™

grin.gif

And, as with all doctors, sometimes they loose a patient. Hoot killed mine. Murderer! 893whatthe.gif

sorry.gifinsane.gifsorry.gifyeahok.gif

I only inflicted secondary trauma. tonofbricks.gif

Hoot

Hoot Must Die™

grin.gif

sorry.gifinsane.gifsorry.gifyeahok.gif

I only inflicted secondary trauma. tonofbricks.gif

Hoot

27_laughing.gif,Hoot,,,You're a Hoot 27_laughing.gif

I put this through my bull- *spoon* translator and it spit out:

"Yes, Mark, you're right but I can't admit the truth, so I'll try and deflect this back on you."

The actions of a guilty man, if you ask me....Mike

I owned the blue indians.
893scratchchin-thumb.gif,,This is where an Honorable Man would make appoligies and STFU.....But hey,,,,We're talkin about truth and his newest puppet...so confused-smiley-013.gif

J ,,You're a Stud dude.Don't take any 893censored-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif